Part of me was hoping to wake-up this morning to an email from our office saying that it was closed due to yesterday’s holiday – what a joke! It’s Monday AND it’s April Fools Day…
I hope that y’all had a wonderful weekend and Easter holiday if you celebrated! To be honest, I completely forgot that Easter was this weekend until a sales associates at one of the apartment complexeswe were looking said that they would be closed in honor of the holiday… Whoops!
Ryan and I traded egg hunting for apartment hunting but we’re going over to my momma’s house tonight for dinner, better late than never!
A couple of weeks ago, Katie from Live Half Full nominated me for the Liebster award – thanks again Katie! I had a marvelous time participating back in December [check out Liebster #1 here ] so I’m happy to have a second chance!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. After many “ health hiccups ” I ran my first half marathon ! I have 2 more this spring [Nike Women's in April and ZOOMA Annapolis in June] plus another this fall. Maybe a full next January? We’ll see!
2. I’ve recently developed a liking for Pilates, after crowning myself as the worst yoga student. I lack the inner “om” – child’s pose is my favorite. Maybe if the classes were only 30 minutes I’d do better?
3. Recently, one of the most commonly asked questions that I get is “When are you and Ryan expecting?” We don’t have any immediate plans, but it is definitely something we’re looking forward to in the future.
4. The cold temperatures and the dreary winter weather puts me in a serious funk. I don’t wanna jinx it, but I’m so thankful that spring has finally decided to grace us with its presence.
5. It’s inevitable that whenever I start running longer distances, I always lose toenails. I’ve tried what seems to be every trick in the book – band aids, bigger shoes, thicker socks – nothing has helped, besides a pedicure.
6. When it comes to alcohol, I prefer bubbly or sweet wine. If we’re talking hard liquor, I like it straight and dirty aka shot style… I’d rather get it over quickly because I cringe with every sip I take of a mixed drink.
7. In January Ryan and I went on our honeymoon cruise to the eastern Caribbean [ pt. 1 and pt. 2 ]. Royal Caribbean truly knows how to cater to their guests… We already re-booked a cruise to the western Caribbean for next January!
8. I used to hate the TV show Seinfeld but ever since I moved in with Ryan, we watch it every night – it’s his favorite show.
9. It’s no secret that I prefer sweet over savory in the morning – I like to start and end my day on a sweet note. I could eat pancakes topped with a dollop of *chunky* peanut butter every single morning.
10. I prefer playing with numbers over words so I’m a Sudoku dork. Samurai Sudoku’s are my favorite – the tougher the better.
11. When I was younger I joked that I’d marry an old rich man first and when he kicked the bucket I’d marry my true love. That way I’d have both love and money haha!
Katie’s 11 Questions
1. What’s your biggest goal for 2013? To run my first half marathon… DONE!
2. What’s your favorite way to relieve stress? To workout. It doesn’t have to be an intense sweat session, but doing something physically active helps me to mentally disconnect from the world around me.
3. What’s your favorite beer? (or drink) I don’t care for beer – er, rather my belly doesn’t care for beer – but pour me a glass of wine and I’m a happy lady!
4. Workouts – morning or night? I love how accomplished I feel after a morning workout but ever since we started taking TNT classes and my runs have gotten longer, I’ve been doing more afternoon workouts. I’m hoping to get back into a morning routine.
5. What’s your biggest motivator? My health. I know that some things [such as illnesses] are out of my control, but I have the choice of what I put in my body and how hard I push myself on a daily basis.
6. What type of blog topics would you like to read about more on Live Half Full? I love reading blogs that have a balance between food, fitness, and fun.
7. What’s your favorite season and why? Summer – I love bright and sunny warm weather! One day I’d love to live at the beach.
8. Any fun trips planned for 2013? Our big trip this year was our honeymoon, but we have a handful of destination weddings later this year that we’re looking forward to attending.
9. What’s your favorite current television show? I’m a big reality TV fan but I’ve also gotten back into Grey’s Anatomy.
10. Do you celebrate anniversaries with your significant other? Yes!
11. Do you cook dinner every night? Yes, whether it’s 100% homemade or semi-homemade, dinner is always served.
My 11 Questions
1. What’s your favorite holiday?
2. If money wasn’t a factor and you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
3. How many pets do you have?
4. Dark or milk chocolate?
5. What would you choose as your last meal?
6. If you could dine with a celebrity, who would you choose?
7. What’s your dream job and are you currently doing it?
8. What’s your favorite workout song?
9. If you could relive one moment, what would it be?
10. What’s your favorite springtime activity?
11. Apple, blueberry, or cherry pie?
Thanks to Katie’s marvelous link-up , I’m opting not to nominate anyone specific but rather I nominate all of y’all – there are so many marvelous blogs! Answer 1, 2, or all of the questions above