Testosterone Part XI – Testosterone Deficiency and Heart Diseases
Posted Apr 06 2010 5:03pm
Testosterone and Testosterone deficiency
Testosterone is a male hormone. Besides promoting libido it has other important functions such as maintaining muscle mass, forming bone, and regulating heart muscle and cholesterol. It also helps to improve the oxygen levels throughout the body as well as controlling blood glucose and strengthening the immune system. Starting at age 40, levels of testosterone start to diminish, the levels of the by-product prolactin of testosterone of men increases, stimulating the production of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase that causes the conversion of testosterone to gihydro-testosterones DHT thus triggering low levels of testosterone.
Most heart diseases are caused by aging as the levels of testosterone decreases as well as others such as high blood pressure which contributes to hardening of the arteries, high levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) build up in the arteries as a result of uncontrolled diet with high levels of saturated fat and trans fat. All these add to the formation of atherosclerosis lesions and eventually arterial blockage or anything that serves to damage the inner lining of blood vessels and impedes the transportation of oxygen and nutrition to the heart can be defined as a risk of heart disease.
II. Heart Diseases caused by testosterone deficiency
The heart has many testosterone receptor sites that helps to support the muscle building of the heart and protein synthesis, as well as coronary artery dilation, and maintains healthy cholesterol. As men age, the levels of testosterone decreases which weakens the heart muscle. Study shows that symptoms and EKG measurement improve when low testosterone are increased.
III. The effects of heart disease caused by testosterone deficiency
1. Blood pressure rises.The drop of testosterone in men may eventually cause the estrogen levels to be higher than the testosterone levels resulting in high blood pressure.
2. Coronary artery elasticity diminishes.Since testosterone is not only responsible for maintaining heart muscle protein synthesis, it is also a promoter of coronary artery dilation. The dropping of levels of testosterone as a result of the heart no longer maintaining the function of artery dilation and artery elasticity diminishes.
3. Rising of bad cholesterol, fibrinogen and triglycerides.Since the heart is weakened caused by low levels of testosterone, the heart is no longer able to maintain its function as cholesterol, fibrinogen and triglycerides resulting in cholesterol build up in the arteries and high levels of fibrinogen and triglycerides in the bloodstream.
4. Insulin resistance.
Low levels of testosterone causes malfunction of the receptor site resulting in cells unable to take in food particles through points of receptor sites.
5. Abdominal fat increases.
Fat cells create aromatase enzymes that contribute to fat build up and low levels of testosterone that allows the forming of abdominal fat that produces more aromatase enzyme resulting in more formation of estrogen. It also causes insulin resistance by increasing fat around the stomach/waist area and fat mass.
6. Human growth hormone declines.
Levels of testosterone declines as men age.
IV. Prevention and treatment
The natural remedies uses included
1. Raw dark green leaf juice The fresh raw dark green leaf juices are vitally important in the nutritional treatment of testosterone deficiency and Alzheimer’s disease. Raw dark green leaf juice contains high amounts of vitamin C, bioflavonoids, carotenoids, and living plant enzymes to aid digestion & vitamin K resulting in cleansing of liver toxins as well as strengthening the immune system, helping to detoxify your body resulting in reversing the progressing of aging and other form of diseases.
2. Cold water fish
Besides plenty of omega 3, cold water fish is an excellent source of vitamin A and zinc that helps the binding of sex hormones, specifically testosterone and estradiol.
3. Oyster and crustaceans
Oyster and crustaceans contain high levels of magnesium and zinc that is a natural aromatase inhibitor playing a key role in regulating testosterone levels as well as improving circulation of blood to the penis vessels.
4. Saw palmetto
Saw palmetto helps to promote prostate health and increase sexual stimulation. It also helps estrogen and estrogen receptor activity resulting in a healthy hormone balance, thus increasing the levels of testosterone in men.
5. Muira Pauma
Muira pauma are stems and roots of a ptychopetalum plant in South America. It has been used as an aphrodisiac, tonic and cure for muscle paralysis and strengthening the liver function that helps to cure the hormone imbalance in aging men. Study shows that muira pauma is a libido enhancer.
6. Cinnamon Bark
The sweet and spicy taste of cinnamon bark is considered to have a very hot energy. In Chinese medicine, cinnamon bark increases the Yang energy and sexual vitality.
7. Ginkgo biloba
Unlike aspirin, Ginkgo biloba will not cause upset stomach and internal bleeding. Also, Ginkgo biloba can improve blood circulation. Be sure not to take Ginkgo seeds because they are toxic and can cause seizures.
8. Zinc and iron
Zinc and iron together helps to increase oxygen levels, produce more red blood cells, as well as aiding the circulation of the bloodstream.
Study shows that people that have alot of lutein in their blood stream see no increase in the thickness of their carotid arteries. That means LDL cholesterol have not oxidized causing formation of dangerous plaque at their arteries wall leading to heart attacks and lowering cholesterol levels.
Chlorella containing beta carotene, chlorophyll and other many nutritional supplements is a powerful antioxidant that helps to strengthen the immune system by blocking the formation of free radicals, improving oxygen levels for cell needs and nitric oxygen stimulating the enlargement of penis through sexual desire and detoxifying your liver as well as the entire body.
11. FiberFiber can be soluble or insoluble. As we mentioned in a previous article, soluble fiber can lower your LDL and raise your HDL cholesterol while insoluble fiber has no effect on cholesterol but promotes regular bowel movements. The intake of fatty foods causes the liver to release bile into the intestines to break down the fat. The soluble fiber will help eliminate the bile instead of returning it to the blood resulting in reduced amounts of cholesterol in the blood.
12. Onions and garlic
Garlic and onions contain high amounts of sulfur compounds that not only help to improve circulation of blood but also help to keep your platelets from clumping together. Daily consumption of both garlic and onions help to keep blood pressure and cholesterol levels in healthy range. Be sure to talk to your doctor if you are taking any blood thinner medicines.
L-Arginine helps to increase the production of nitric oxide in our body, this has an anti-angina and anti-stress effect upon the arteries enabling the muscles in the arterial walls to relax. L-Arginine also helps to prevent the build up of plaque on the arterial walls. L- Arginne taken either orally or intravenously has been found to prevent and reverse atherosclerosis, improving the functional status of heart failure and increasing blood flow in heart disease patients.
Taurine is an amino acid that acts as an antioxidant helping to fortify cardiac contraction and enhance the outflow of blood from the heart. Intake of taurine will reduce the risk of congestive heart failure and arteriosclerosis.
15. Flax seeds
Flax seeds contain high amounts of alpha-linoenic acid that helps to lower high blood pressure and the risk of stroke. Eating too much flax seeds will cause gas to build up if you are not used to it.
Cayenne stimulates blood flow, and strengthens the heart’s metabolism. It also helps to improve blood circulation as well as the digestive and immune systems. Cayenne contains high amounts of beta-carotene, cobalt, essential fatty acids, niacin and zinc that helps circulatory stimulation, blood purification, detoxification and fatigue.
17. Du zhong (rubber tree bark)Du zhong is consider the primary herb used to increase the yang function in the body resulting in benefits of the heart.I hope this information will help. If you need more information, please visit my home page at:
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have all the links intact.
I have been studying natural remedies for disease prevention for over 20 years and working as a financial consultant since 1990