"Stop looking for "quick fixes", stop trying extreme fad diets, and stop looking for a miracle pill. This is a lifestyle; it tak
Posted Sep 25 2013 5:10pm
My Top 10 Power foods:
1. Chia Seeds -High level of Omega-3 Fatty Acids -Excellent Source of Fiber (10g in only 2tbsp!) -Rich in Antioxidants -Regulate Insulin Levels -Gluten Free!
2. RAW Mixed Nuts (Soaked/ Sprouted) -All-in-one food...protein, fat, carbs -Vitamin E (helps lower cardiovascular risk) -Omega-3 fatty acids (especially in walnuts) -Rich in L-Arginine (may help improve blood vessel function) -High in fiber
SOME BENEFITS OF SOAKING NUTS Breaks down gluten Phytic acid is reduced Eases digestion Tannins are removed Vitamin absorption increases
3. Quinoa -Contains all of the essential amino acids making it a complete protein -Gluten free, complex- carbohydrate source (quinoa is actually a seed... it is not a grain) -High level of manganese (antioxidant) -High level of magnesium -High in fiber
4. Black Rice -Contains the same antioxidants that are found in blueberries without the sugar! -Contains almost DOUBLE the amount of fiber compared to brown rice -Helps lower cholesterol -Gluten free, complex-carbohydrate source
5. 100% Grass-Fed Buffalo Meat -Extremely lean source of protein (even LOWER calories, fat, and cholesterol than most fish and chicken!) -Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids -High Iron content (especially great for women!)
6. Salmon (Alaskan WILD Caught) -High in Omega-3 fatty acids -High quality protein source -Contains selenium (helps with thyroid function)
7. ORGANIC Eggs -Pure source of protein -Omega-3 fatty acids (in the yolk) -Packed with vitamins (such as Vit. B, E, D...) -Biotin (great for hair, skin and nails!) -Also contain potassium, choline, folic acid...
8. Cauliflower -Loaded with antioxidants -Contains almost 4g of Fiber in just 1c! -High content of Vitamin K (helps reduce inflammation) -Tons of studies linking consumption of cauliflower (and other cruciferous veggies) to cancer prevention
9. Spinach -Huge amount of vitamin-A (helps with immunity) -Super antioxidant food -Contains flavonoids (anti-cancer properties) -High iron content
10. Water (OK so I know this is not a "food", but water is SO IMPORTANT!) There are ENDLESS benefits to drinking water... here is a picture that lists a few key benefits