Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability of a man to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for his sexual needs or the needs of his partner. Erectile dysfunction is sometimes called as “impotence”. Instead of stretching our hands to pills which have numerous side effects, few alterations in diet and life style can help to overcome this condition. Few of them are mentioned here.
1. A reduction in the male hormone (testosterone) level can cause erectile dysfunction. Foods like oysters, asparagus, brown rice, turkey; cheese and banana help to increase this hormone. Regular inclusion of these in your daily diet helps to prevent erectile dysfunction.
2. Over physical or mental exertion leads to stress. Stress is another main cause for erectile dysfunction. Simple breathing exercises, yoga and meditation for twenty minutes help to reduce stress. Listening to favorite music, indulging in hobbies like gardening or reading are also great stress busters.
3. Stop smoking. Smoking can cause erectile dysfunction. The relationship between smoking and erectile dysfunction has been established through researches.
4. Obesity is another main reason which can cause erectile dysfunction. Weight reduction helps to increase sexual performance and sexual energy. Regular aerobic exercises like walking, jogging etc helps to reduce obesity. A diet with fewer carbohydrates, less sugar and zero fat accelerates the rate of weight reduction.
5. Regular brisk walk increases blood supply to pelvic region. Regular walk and weight reduction together help to control diabetes and reduce blood cholesterol. These boost sexual energy and stamina. Walking also relieves migraines and low back pains which may hinder your sexual performance.
6. Use seasonal fruits and vegetables in plenty as they supply essential nutrients to male reproductive system and detoxify body.
7. Keep abusive drugs like marijuana, heroin at bay as they increase impotence.