Health knowledge made personal
Men's Health Community
Join this community!
› Share page:
+ Add Blog to My Feeds
› View Profile
› Send a message
› Write on Whiteboard
More from this Member
Birds and the Bees
Moisturize Your Skin
Smoking and Your Skin
What Second Hand Smoke Contains
» View All
If You Have STD...
Posted Jan 11 2009 4:22pm
If you have reason to believe that you have a sexually transmitted disease (STD) or infection:
• Go to your local clinic or health center early on to find out where you can get correct treatment.
• Consult your doctor.
• Tell your doctor everything. Consultation and treatment is confidential.
• If you really have an STD, tell your partner or partners to get treatment too. Otherwise they can spread the disease or even infect you again.
• Take the full course of all your medications as prescribed. Even if you do not feel any symptoms, the infection can still be in your body.
• Take precaution during the treatment stage. Protect yourself and your partner during sex (use a condom) or better yet, abstain from sex for the duration of the treatment.
• Do not take medicines prescribed for another disease or a previous STD. It will not help cure the new infection.
• Do not share medicines with your partner or others. You need all your medicine to cure your infection.
• Be sure to go back to the doctor for a follow-up consultation. After finishing the full course of medication, your doctor will know if the medication has actually taken effect.
'Got the cartoons from an email.
Post a comment
Write a comment:
SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES (STD’S) AND INFERTILITY
Lyme Disease May Be Sexually Transmitted
STD Awareness and Our Youth Obsession by Guest Blogger By Michelle Sobel of STD Test Express
Test It! – Discreet At-Home STD Testing Kit
FDA Cracks Down on Non Approved Over the Counter and Internet Sold STD Products-Don’t Use Them and Go To the Doctor
Whats wrong with me ? Do I have STD ?....Please help...Thanx.../8
STD Prevention is a part of HIV Prevention: STD Awareness Month
Std 1 vs Std 3
Std 1 and Std 3 in a Chinese School
About Health Mavens
Anal fissure and Sexually transmitted disease STD
lyme disease sexually transmitted
can lyme disease be sexually transmitted
causes of sexually transmitted diseases stds
Emergency contraceptive pill and Sexually transmitted diseases STDs
alternative treatments for sexually transmitted diseases stds
Sexually transmitted diseases STDs
symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases stds
treatments for sexually transmitted diseases stds
clametia std s
Video Health Stories
Advertise With Us
See all the
latest blog posts.
Salmonella Nutrition Bars
Children Staph Infection
How to Reduce LDL
Life Expectancy Emphysema
Itchy Swollen Eyelids
Bone Density Medications
Causes of Swelling
Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Sore Neck Glands
Itchy Rash on Arms
Itchy Throat Cough
Pinched Nerve Neck Symptoms
Burning Sensation During Urination
Blood Clots During Period
Swollen Lymph Node Armpit
Causes of Lump
Causes of Itching
Swollen Lymph Nodes Groin
Signs of Pregnancy Before Missed Period
Causes of Rash
Coughing Up Phlegm
Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes
Early Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Gillian Barre Syndrome
Sore Throat Body Aches
Symptoms of Swelling
Side Effects of Flu Shot
Find a Counselor
Wellsphere does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
See additional information.
Copyright © 2014 Remedy Health Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.