Many spiritual seekers are availing of Swami Nikhilanand's vast knowledge of scripture and teachings of Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj. Even with his busy itinerary as pracharak of Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj, Swami Nikhilanand takes time out to answer the questions preying on the minds of his facebook followers. Here are his answers to some questions by Latika Chawda from India:
Questions by Latika:
1. Gyaan kitne prakaar ke hote hain (How many different types of knowledge are there)?
2. Brahma gyaan kise kahte hai aur uska kya mahatva hai (What is brahm gyan and what is its importance)?
3. Meditation aur memory me kya relation hai (What is the relation between meditation and memory)?
4. Dhyaan karne ke kya-kya niyam hain (what are the rules for meditation)?
5. Naarad ji ke 84 Bhakti Sutra ka hindi version kaha mil sakta hai (Where can I obtain a Hindi translation of Narad Bhakti Sutra)?
6. Insaan ko apne jeevan me Bhagwaan se pratyaksha milne ke 7 times chances milte hai,aisa maine suna hai; ye kaha tak satya hai (I have heard that a person gets to meet God face to face 7 times in his life. How true is this)?
Answers by Swami Nikhilanand:
1. There are mainly two kinds of gyan (knowledge): theoretical and experiential. Experiential knowledge is also of two types: atm gyan (knowledge of the soul) and brahm gyan (knowledge of God).
2. Brahm gyan is the knowledge of God which is only received by surrendering to God, not through any practice. Atm gyan can be attained by following the path of gyan, but brahm gyan can only be attained through bhakti. When you surrender to God through bhakti and He Graces you, then you receive His Divine knowledge. That knowledge is unlimited. In other words, when you know God, you know everything.
3. I am guessing that by memory you mean my use of the word 'remembrance'. Remembrance means the same as 'smaran'. It means when you think about someone or you remember them in your heart. Thinking about Radha Krishn and Their leelas is remembrance or smaran. That is the form of meditation you do on the path of bhakti.
4. On the path of bhakti there are no restrictions of time or place for meditation. You can meditate anytime, anyplace. There is also no required posture for meditation. The only requirement is that you should be remembering Radha Krishn.
5. You can get the full explanation in Hindi by Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj (both video and written) by visiting the book store at one of our ashrams in India.
6. The truth is that even if we met God face to face, we would not recognize His Divinity. He is omnipresent, yet we are unable to see Him. He resides in our heart, yet we do not experience Him. In uncountable lifetimes, we have seen Him uncountable times during his descension on the earth planet. Yet not once have we recognized Him. That is why we must do devotion to purify our heart. Upon complete heart purification, God will Grace you. With His Grace, you will receive a Divine mind and senses. Then you will be able to see Him, know Him, and experience Him.