Everyone has experienced that not so invigorated feeling before, right? This may have been brought on by over consumption of processed foods, alcohol, lack of sleep and excess stress, among other things. Here are some gentle and easy ways to detoxify your body from the inside out:
Feel Fresh with a Daily Detox Here is a full day of practices to gently detoxify your body:
1. Begin your day with gentle stretches that warm up your body and awaken your mind.
2. Make yourself some cleansing lemon tea. Simply heat up filtered water and squeeze half of a lemon in it. This will cleanse your digestive system.
3. For your detox diet, choose high fiber and organic foods, and eat more beans, brown rice, oat bran, vegetables, fruits, and chicken or turkey. This Super Cleanse Broth will spring you into good health. To make, simply prepare a broth from: collards, Swiss chard, kale, mustard greens, cabbage, dandelion, Brussels sprouts, daikon radish, watercress, seaweed, shitake mushrooms, cilantro, garlic, leeks, fennel, anise, ginger, and turmeric.
4. Drink your veggies in juice form! Try a terrific detox juice made with Aloe vera juice, apples, asparagus, beet greens, cabbage, carrot greens, celery, cucumbers, and parsley.
5. Soak for 20 minutes in a revitalizing herbal bath. To help draw out toxins, infuse your bath water with eucalyptus, wintergreen, peppermint, fennel, cinnamon, and epsom salts.
Mmmmm, the high fiber and organic foods you suggested sound absolutely delicious. As far as detoxifying, however, would it take more than a day to actually cleanse your body of unwanted toxins? I've always done gentle detoxes myself before, but I'm wondering how useful they ultimately are in a chemical sense?