Massage is a great way to relax your mind and your muscles. Just take these very basic precautions.
1. For people with any sort of a medical problem, always consult your doctor before going in for a massage. This is especially relevant for people with heart problems.
2. Expectant mothers should also consult with a doctor before having massages. And even when you go in for a massage, go easy on the tummy because you don't want to put too much pressure on the baby.
3. If in any doubt whether you can have a massage, it's always better to check in with a doctor.
4. Massages sometimes aggravate eruptions, allergies or other skin problems. So avoid getting a massage over these areas.
5. Also, avoid massages over unexplained lumps or swellings.
6. Get a masseur who is experienced and knows what they are doing.