Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

how should she proceed...continue on her own to an infectious disease dr. of listen to the family practice dr

Posted by mango67333

my daughter had a baby in mid december she has had numerous physical problems over the last several months, but the c-section was very problematic due to placenta previa and prior damage to her uterus. since then her symtoms have mimicked ms and she has had a cat scan and seen a neroligist..nothing showed up there. after being seen in the er when test were done they did a lyme test. after a week the er dr called and told her she tested positive for lyme disease and she needed to see her dr and be referred to an infectious disease specilist. both her and the 3 week old baby were put on amoxicillin. today she say her dr who told her it was wrong and not to be concerned that the baby did not have to be tested and neither of them need the antibiotics.  she is very concerned because basically all her symtoms were on the list for lyme disease and it was she soen't know what to do. and is scared both for herself and the baby.. could her family practise dr be wrong..what should she do, she has test results but we cant decypher them  what should she do
Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
T Patient ExpertHealth Maven

Hello Mango67333,

Your daughter should see a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor (LLMD). This type of doctor specializes in lyme disease and will be able to provide the right treatment for her.

You can find an LLMD by finding a local support group near where your daughter lives, or go to or the lyme disease association.

If she tested positive for lyme disease she needs to be treated for it.

Good Luck to you.

NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: