With halloween right around the corner at the end of our month, it can be difficult to juggle the beginning of the holiday season, and get ready for trick-or-treaters, and for those of you who have children back to school, parties, and halloween costumes can be overwhelming! Here are some tips to help you stay calm and keep those flares at bay!
- Start looking for costumes now- if you wait you run the risk of them not having the size of the princess barbie dream dress your little girl wants, and you will end up running to 4 different party citys trying to find her "the only costume she wants!"
- Costumes can be expensive- try a semi homemade or stores such as target and walmart! They have really reasonable costumes and a ton of accessories so you can "build-your-own" it ends up being a lot cheaper and still produces an awesome costume- usually with a ton more accessories than the pre-packaged costume! This is also a great way to get creative with your family, kids, neighbors and build your own costumes! The best part is... you can reuse parts next halloween from their costumes this year! Thrifty, frugal and fun!
- Don't buy your halloween candy in advance- This is one thing that you might want to hold off on- especially if mr. prednisone is currently in your medicine routine- Trust me that candy will not live to see halloween day when you get a prednisone hankering!
- Stay involved with class activities, and ask the teacher to start the class list for the party early so there is plenty of notice! I remember bringing home a note the day before a party saying we needed 25 cupcakes for the next day, and the look of terror on my parents faces as they both worked full time! Being a future teacher myself, I know how crucial it is to always plan ahead and leave parents enough time (this also helps keep my stress levels down!)
-Get yourself a fun halloween costume! Halloween is not just for kids folks! Put that lupus rash to use and dress up as a raggedy anne doll (no need to buy the rose red cheek blush when you already have a permanent one from your malar rash!) And no worries men out there, we didn't forget you- put your rash to work and dress up like santa for halloween! It's hilarious and practical (also hides those unwanted prednisone pounds and puts them to good use as a Belly that shook like a bowl full of jelly!)
- Enjoy it! halloween is a Fun holiday and you can add little desserts and tricks to dinner eat night to get you all ready for the holiday-Better homes and gardens has a ton of semi-homemade treats that you and your family will love! They are quick, easy and tasty! So you won't have to dip into your spoon reserves either!