Good morning and hello to yet another Sunday (it really has been phenomenal weather here on the east coast)!
I am working off little sleep these past few days for whatever reason (thank you Lupus) but with some coffee in my system (compliments of my lovely neighbor Lee, that so generously, after reading my Blog and realizing that I do not exaggerate my Java obsession, brought over two lovely bags of gourmet beans!) I am feeling a bit more replenished and ready to get my Sunday started as I am hoping to be feeling well enough to go out with my Mom and Aunt for a bit today and see if I can find some shoes and accessories for The Butterfly Gala! ( I found my gown on The lucky Friday the 13th!). So with some prednisone now flowing through my veins and a T-3 if needed, I am ready to take on Sunday... And I cannot think of a better way to kick off a CHRONICLYsILLy Sunday than with a a session on "Lupus Swagger!"
That's right I said Swagger.
Swagger is defined by urban dictionary, as how one presents him or her self to the world. Swagger is shown from how the person handles a situation. It can also be shown in the person's attitude, walk, fashion sense, etc. So naturally, everyone has a "swagger (Btw- I have an unhealthy obsession with the word itself)," but us lupies/chronically ill, we've got our very own Swagger rocking day to day. So today, I'd like to introduce all of you to a little Swagger 101: Lupie Swagger- How Lupies are rockin' their swagger day in and day out to stay fresh!
You're Rocking your Lupus Swagger when...
-Wearing sunglasses inside because of your light sensitivity-That's Lupus Swagger!
- Needing a personal secretary to manage you're medications and prescriptions-That's Lupus Swagger!
- Not needing to ever purchase blush because your butterfly/malar rash gives you a 24/7 "blushful" appearance- That's Lupus Swagger!
- Needing a baseball cap in public to cover your patchy hair loss, but rocking it like a celebrity trying to avoid the paparazzi- That's Lupus Swagger!
- Rocking a tank top and shorts in 40 degree weather because you're running a fever, and just so damn hot- That's Lupus Swagger!
- Being able to tell the time of day just but what pills your popping- That's Lupus Swagger!
- Showing up fashionably late to a party because you were doing your best to cover your rashes with makeup and find clothes that were stylish yet functional- That's Lupus Swagger!
- Collecting disability payments before your 30th birthday- That's Lupus Swagger!
- Being on the VIP list at "Club ER" and on a first name basis with the staff-That's Lupus Swagger!
- Rocking Ugg Boots in the middle of summer because of your Reynauds-That's Lupus Swagger!
- Rocking Butterfly Jewelry as a subtle way to represent Lupus Awareness- That's Lupus Swagger!
- Having 3 different sized jeans hanging up in your closet because of the weight loss/gain that can occur due to the disease/medications- That's Lupus Swagger!
- Not knowing which of your 4 autoimmune diseases is causing your pain on any given day- That's Lupus Swagger!
- Never being caught without your cup of Starbucks coffee in hand- That's Lupus Swagger!
- Rocking SPF 100 when your outside in the shade because of your photosensitivity- That's Lupus Swagger!
I hope you all learned a bit more about your very own Lupus Swagger today! If you have your own "That's Lupus Swagger" comment you'd like to share, feel free to comment! I'd love to hear them! I could go on and on with these, but am wrapping it up today, so we can all get on and enjoy our Sundays (or Sundaes... I'd love a Sundae right now!) Before we part ways to hopefully go on and enjoy our weekends, I'd like to leave you (as always) with our Page of Hope- Nothing is Kim Possible! Get those donations in so we can get crucial funds to the LFA! -- The Butterfly Gala ticket and table information-Message me if you would still like more!-- A reminder that if you have not Cast your vote for The 2010 Blogger's Choice Awards to do so! So we can continually spread and raise awareness for Lupus and chronic illnesses alike! And of course, our daily Jolt-of-Java!
Jolt-of-Java:"The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly; who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at best, know the triumph of hugh achievement; and who, at worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly, so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat"-Teddy Roosevelt