I am writing to urge you to please take a New York Minute to Make a Call for Lupus! It is so important and will not take much time! The names and phone numbers are below.
You can make a difference for those with lupus by urging your state assembly-person or senator to pass the following bills which ✔ fund programs that will help educate doctors, nurses and the general public about lupus
✔ help raise funds to help those living with lupus in New York State.
When you make the call…be sure to mention:
- the BILL NUMBER - how you feel it will help those living with lupus - briefly, your relationship to lupus and experience with lupus, whether as a patient or someone who cares for someone with lupus. - your desire that the legislator support the bills, sign on as a sponsor, and urge his or her colleagues to do the same.
Please do it today--or at least before next Wednesday, May 12th
Call some people listed below on the Assembly Ways and Means Committee, where these bills are currently being debated.
(Note: the actual bills in the Assembly and the Senate are the same, even though they have different bill numbers.)
Refer to bill number:
• A 08882A • This is the Taxpayer Gifts Bill which would lead to a listing of "lupus" as a check-off box on the 2011 NYS Tax Returns for New York state residents and corporations to designate donations through their tax returns. The result: funds to set up lupus education, prevention and outreach programs. Note this will NOT cost the state anything. • The sponsor of this bill is Assemblywoman Vanessa Gibson
AND bill number:
• A 08884 • This bill creates an education and outreach program for lupus. It also provides for the creation of a "lupus advisory council." • The sponsor of this bill is Assemblywoman Vanessa Gibson
Call people in the Assembly Ways and Means Committee: Chair – Herman D. Farrell, Jr 212-234-1430 or 518-455-5491 William Colton 718-236-1598 or 518-455-5828 Michael J. Cusick 718-370-1384 or 518-455-5526 Adriano Espaillat 212-544-2278 or 518-455-5807 Deborah J. Glick 212-674-5153 or 518-455-4841 Rhoda Jacobs 718-434-0446 or 518-455-5385 Joseph R. Lentol 718-383-7474 or 518-455-4477 Catherine Nolan 718-784-3194 or 518-455-4851 N. Nick Perry 718-385-3336 or 518-455-4166 J. Gary Pretlow 914-667-0127 or 518-455-5291 William Scarborough 718-723-5412 or 518-455-4451 Mike Spano 914-799-8805 or 518-455-3662 Helene Weinstein 718-648-4700 or 518-455-5462 Keith L. Wright 212-866-5809 or 518-455-4793
IN THE SENATE…pick up the phone today and call the Senate Health Committee members listed below and refer to • S 07187 • Please support this bill, the Taxpayer Gifts Bill, which would lead to a listing of "lupus" as a check-off box on the 2011 NYS Tax Returns for New York state residents and corporations to designate donations through their tax returns. The result: funds to set up lupus education, prevention and outreach programs. Note this will NOT cost the state anything. • The sponsor of this bill is Senator Kevin Parker
• S 03679 • Please support this bill, which creates a state-wide education and outreach program to help improve awareness of lupus, and train and educate health care professionals in the care of people with the disease. It also provides for the creation of a "lupus advisory council." • The sponsor of this bill is Senator Diane Savino.
• S 03663 • Please support this bill, which creates the lupus research enhancement program and fund. This fund will enable researchers to investigate what causes lupus, develop or improve diagnostic tests for early detection, and develop novel therapies that are safer and more effective, and ultimately, discover a cure. • The sponsor of this bill is Senator Diane Savino.
Call these people in the Senate Health Committee: Chair: Thomas K. Duane 212-633-8052 or 518-455-2451 Jeffrey D. Klein 718-822-2049 or 518-455-3595 Carl Kruger 718-743-8610 or 518-455-2460 Velmanette Montgomery 718-643-6140 or 518-455-3451 John L. Sampson 718-649-7653 or 518-455-2788
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 212-685-4118.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN MAKING A CALL FOR LUPUS!