Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Go
Search posts:

Electromagnetic Sensitivity

Posted Jul 27 2009 12:00am
I have learned the hard way that electromagnetic energy is a huge drain on my body! During one of my longest lupus flares (almost 2 years) I had my television die on me and while it was my companion of sorts it was the best thing that ever happened to me!

After just two days of no television I was up out of bed and moving around again. Then when I could afford it I purchased a new one, only to find my symptoms returning and my mind not being able to focus again. Memory loss returned….what the heck was going on?!!!

Then I did a little research…

It may come as a surprise to most people, but EMFs generated by common AC appliances as well as by wireless microwave radiation (WiFi, cell phones, etc) is a major component of most forms of environmental illness. People who are diagnosed with fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, lupus, multiple sclerosis, even cancer and AIDS, all exhibit one characteristic in common: a collapsed immune system. In part, this dysfunction of the immune system can be attributed to chronic stress from EMFs. Once this chronic stress is removed, healing and the regeneration of the immune system can occur.

An electromagnetic field is an area of energy which occurs around any electrically conductive or active item. There are natural electromagnetic fields produced by the earth itself and the strength of an electromagnetic field varies considerably with the distance from the source. The current carried through an item is a major factor, but the field falls off by a factor of four for every time the distance from the source is doubled (meaning it can get worse with electromagnetic fields that are produced by scientific means more than those of natural means).

This explains why sensitivity to a computer screen is common, as we sit near to them, and while sensitivity to television sets use to be less common, now that we have introduced gigantic sized TV’s into our life we can become sensitive to them as well (best to stay at least six or more feet away for smaller ones, ten feet or more for larger ones).

In the scientific community it is recognized that EM fields have health effects, but the view varies as to how strong the field has to be. Previous communist countries have the strictest guidelines, but in countries like the U.S. and the U.K. they have set the limit at a strength required to heat the human body (way too high!!). They seem to assume that we are just lumps of meat and not living beings with electromagnetic communications going on in our brains!

It has been proven that some people react to very low levels of exposure (like those who are considered sensitives as well as those with autoimmune diseases) and that their reactions are often specific to certain frequencies. Common symptoms are headaches, fatigue, and impairment of mental function. Less common symptoms are rashes, muscular pain and sensory disruptions. Often the person is aware that their symptoms are worse when near electrical appliances - and sometimes only specific appliances which produce their 'sensitizing' incidence.

In order to reduce the amount of EME you experience, while it may seem difficult in the beginning, can be quite useful at diminishing as well as removing all symptoms. I must tell you that the difference in mental clarity is remarkable so I encourage you to try it for a week. If you see no difference than you are not as sensitive, however I have yet to find someone who did not benefit from this.

So where does a Lupus Girl start?

A) By avoiding the problem: If you are constantly at the WiFi Cafe with the computer in front of you and the cell phone in your ear its time to lighten up the load. Limit computer and/or television time to one hour intervals (with at least 30 minute intervals of down time) at a time. Set your oven timer or buy an egg timer (they make digital ones now…this is what I use).

B) By have a “quite place” where there are no electronics, especially when sleeping. No TV in the bedroom!!! This is the biggest hazard as I have learned from experience…we feel bad and can’t always get out of bed so we turn on the television to waste time and all it does is drain us of any valuable energy we already have. TURN IT OFF! Listen to music (quite, soothing music is best), write in a journal, read a book.

Remember you are trying to heal your body not keep you in a lupus flare!

Oh, and just in case you were wondering...have you notice those lovely white lines in the sky on a perfectly cloudless blue sky day? Those are caused by electromagnetic fields (on of the issues of Global Warming...)!

















Now you know...
Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches