Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

Increasing BP and stress

Posted Oct 03 2012 9:24pm
Last evening, as I was returning from work, I felt weird. My head was heavy and my heart was pounding. I was feeling unbelievably stressed. I had never felt that way before. I sipped some cold water when I reached home and lay on my bed for some time taking deep breaths. I also turned off Wi-fi and 3G on my phone.

I felt better in about half an hour. I had dinner and when Zia the guy who helps with my dialysis came home, I got him to check my Blood Pressure. It was about 30 points more than my normal blood pressure.

About ten days back, I had gone to visit my nephrologist. I told him about the recurrent coughs I was having. Every two months, I would get cough and would try to treat it with simple home remedies without any luck and then would need antibiotics. He asked me to stop Ramipril, an ACE inhibitor I was taking. He said that often causes cough.

Ever since, I have been having some symptoms of an elevated blood pressure like headaches and a feeling of stress. Yesterday, it happened to be a very hectic day at work. Tons of things to do and lot of urgent stuff to finish. Nothing extraordinary or unlike some previous days however. I guess stopping Ramipril and the stress at work probably combined to cause the symptoms.

Another thing that possibly added to the problem was that I did not dialyze the night before. So. fluid had also accumulated (I was up about 5 liters!) and this also caused a further increase in the blood pressure.

I called my nephrologist last night and checked with him about this. He asked me to start another drug - Coversyl. Hopefully this should help alleviate the symptoms soon.

I usually keep the Wi-fi on my phone one at night. The first thing I do in the morning when I wake up (even while still on dialysis!) is to reach out for my phone to see what email I have! This is one of the most disgusting habits I have which I must learn to give up. It is email, for God's sake! Not a call! It can wait until I have properly woken up and settled into the day! I kept the Wi-fi off last night.

Since I was pulling off a lot of fluid, I woke with cramps twice at night. Both times, I stood next to my bed for a few seconds and the cramps subsided.

This morning, I am feeling much better.

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches