2 ears fresh corn 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided 1 tablespoon butter 1 3/4 cups Dairy Delicious milk or 1 cup Coffee Rich diluted with 3/4 cup water 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup sugar 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 1 large egg, lightly beaten 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut kernels from ears of corn into a bowl; scrape "milk" and remaining pulp from cobs using the dull side of a knife.
3. Coat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Place pan in 400-degree oven for 10 minutes.
4. While pan preheats in oven, melt the butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn mixture; saute 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Place half of corn and 1/2 cup milk in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Place pureed corn and sauteed corn in a medium bowl.
5. Lightly spoon the cornmeal and flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, make a well in center of mixture. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1 1/4 cups milk, egg and egg white to corn mixture, stirring just until moist. Pour batter into preheated skillet; bake at 400 degrees F. for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.