Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

pacemaker replacement

Posted by mariespeak59

I am having my pacemaker replaced this time its under the muscle  whats that called where can i read about it, I wanted to know how that differs from under the skin and is the procedure different?
Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
I wouldn't go that route unless you're very concerned about appearance (e.g. a topless model).  It'll be more painful each time the pacemaker has to be changed and likely doesn't offer any survival advantage.  Sounds like too much of a gimick, so I would stay away from it without good reason.  Some women say they are concerned about the 'bulge' or bra strap irritation, but putting it under the muscle seems more troublesome and I wouldn't recommend it without a clear health benefit.
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: