1. EAT A DIET LOW IN FAT AND HIGH IN FRUITS AND VEGETABLES. (Men should aim for 7 to 9 servings of fruits and vegetables a day)
2. GET 30 MINUTES OF MODERATE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY MOST DAYS OF THE WEEK.
3. DON’T ABUSE ALCOHOL. (Enjoy yourself but limit alcoholic beverages to no more than 2 per day)
4. DO NOT USE TOBACCO. (Stay away from the cigarettes and cigars, avoid second hand smoke)
5. GET REGULAR PHYSICAL EXAMS. (Know your numbers – blood pressure, cholesterol, weight, waist circumference)
Goal blood pressure is less than 120/80
Goal waist circumference less than 40 inches
6. SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS. (Recreational time is important for your health and to decrease your stress level)
ENJOY YOUR FATHER’S DAY !!
FOR MORE HEART HEALTHY INFORMATION VISIT WWW.HEART-STRONG.COM