Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Go
Search posts:

Not Many More Updates to Share

Posted Sep 15 2009 4:45pm
We've done an EEG for 48 hours. I don't know what the results are of those. The pulminology team has tried treating with steroids, which would work if it was bronchiolitis or asthma. The steroids didn't work. We do know there is a distinct thickening of the bronchial walls. We don't know why yet. We also know his retractions are getting deeper and deeper, and it's getting harder for him to breathe. Poor Little Guy. Tomorrow, Little Guy will have another bronchoscopy where they'll put a scope down his throat and look at those walls as well as his lungs.

So, we wait. Dr's say best case scenerio is that we're done here in a week. Worst is several more week. I'm hoping for the best but trying to prepare for the worst.
Post a comment
Write a comment: