1) Running a mile and a half over a bridge is no joke. And this is my third year running. You would think I would know.
2) Steak tips (albeit amazingly delicious from the Gas Lamp Grille) the night before is not the best fuel. Carbs are always my best friend.
3) Even though the race is at 6:30AM, some sort of food is needed beforehand.
4) Get to bed earlier than 10PM for a better night’s sleep.
5) The second Sunday in November in Newport ALWAYS has the best weather. Seriously, 50* and light wind at 6 in the morning for the past 3 years? Yes please!
6) The Marriott Newport has the best concierge.
7) Newport is quickly giving Nantucket a run for its money as cutest town/city in New England.
8) Even though this was a very difficult race for me, it’s still hands down one of my favorites to run. Pell Bridge 2014!