Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

What I’ve Been Doing The Past Few Days…

Posted Nov 24 2012 9:20am

Hello and Happy Saturday! Don’t forget today is Small Business Saturday. If you are out shopping, try to shop small, local businesses.

Let’s rewind to Wednesday.

Wednesday I did some work in the AM and early afternoon. Then I took a shower and got dressed to leave the house. WOOHOO!!! It was my first outing since the surgery on the Friday before. My Mom came to pick me up and we went to a friend’s house. Her little boy turned 1 and we were taking him some presents. He was so precious. From there we headed to my salon where I had scheduled a shampoo and style. It was nice to be out amongst people, but not in crowded areas.

After that, we headed home so I could rest my leg some. Being up and about reminds me that I did have surgery and my leg gets tired. After a couple of hours of rest, hubby and I headed out to dinner to our favorite sushi place.

Thanksgiving morning we got up early and headed downtown for hubby to run an 8K. Normally I would walk the 2 mile option, but I haven’t been cleared to resume activity by the doctor yet. I always love getting to see our Sunsphere:

Thanksgiving Sunsphere

This was my first outing with a bit of walking and I could feel the strain going up and down hill. Once hubby took off running, this was my spot:

my chair

I sat until time for hubby and friend to finish. I tried to get out of the main area of traffic. My biggest fear is someone running into my calf and hitting the incision spot. It is covered with a small gauze pad, some cotton, and an ace bandage, but trust me when I say it would take much to inflict pain in that area.

After the race, we went home to shower and change and head to my Mom’s for Thanksgiving lunch. I have a TON of food pictures, but let me just show you a few!

thanksgiving food 1

thanksgiving food 2

All I can say is YUMMY!!! Mom and my mother-in-law are fabulous cooks! We left in a food coma and went straight home to take a much-needed nap. The evening was very casual. We headed to our favorite bar/lounge for a drink and then home to watch some TV.

There was NO Black Friday (or Thursday) shopping for me. I am just not ready to be in crowds yet. I did miss the mother/daughter tradition, although sleeping in was certainly nice. I did have some help though. My friend A was in line at Target and I asked her to try to find a couple of items for me. Which she did. And my Mom went to Home Depot for their fabulous $1 poinsettias.

I did venture out once on Friday. A trip to Walgreens, Sonic, and the bank courtesy of my Mom. Friday afternoon consisted of house cleaning. I have a lot I want to get done before I head back to work, but am splitting it over the course of three days. Hubby has promised to vacuum for me – which is a HUGE help.

It has been a week since surgery. I will say I feel TONS better than I expected. I even drove a short distance last night. I go back to work Monday and HOPE to make it all day. I will even be driving myself.

Today’s agenda consists of housework upstairs (completed the downstairs yesterday) and lots of computer work. Also must root on my Vols in their final game of the season.

What have YOU been doing? Share!

Enjoy your weekend!

Original article: What I’ve Been Doing The Past Few Days…

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches