C and I spent the day at like ever home improvement store in Toronto... Ikea... Lowes... Bed, Bath & Beyond... we want to spruce this condo up a bit. I didn't buy anything big.. but I bought a book for some design inspiration, so we'll see.
We stopped at the grocery store on the way home and I bought a bunch of ingredients to MAKE A NEW RECIPE!!!
Omg omg omg omg... It's been SO LONG since I've posted a recipe... and I'm really excited to share it with you so here we go!!!
Gluten-Free Banana Muffins
2 cups of gluten-free all purpose flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of salt
2 cups of mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
1 cup sugar (I know - awful, but I didn't know what to substitute it with until after when Davida told me lol... you can use half the sugar and the other half use coconut palm sugar or 1 tsp of stevia extract!)
1/2 cup of organic unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup carob chips
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until consistent.
3. Add to the larger bowl and mix until consistent.
4. Add walnuts, carob chips and seeds and mix.
5. Line a muffin tin with muffin tin foil thingys (what are they called?) and fill 3/4 the way full.
6. Bake about 10-15 minutes at 350F, 175C.
7. EAT AND DROOL!
Q: What was your favourite part of the weekend? I think I ask this every Sunday.
Q: Are you a baker? Do you enjoy baking or do you usually fail horribly at it like myself?