Yesterday I worked against my new working mode… I worked from 8AM-4PM with 1 hour break spread out. I didn’t even take a break for lunch. Very bad idea . Maybe it was because I felt super charged by the 9 hours sleep, or maybe it was because I couldn’t accept the fact that my model wasn’t giving me the result I needed! Whatever was the reason, I just couldn’t stop. By 4PM I called quit and went for a walk. It was freezing outside but sunny. I thought why not take a walk, listen to some quiet music and give my mind a break. It was the best hour of my day!!! Although the first 10 min I kept thinking about research, but then I began to look around and realized how beautiful it is the place covered by snow. The last 10 minute I started to think about work again and my mind was clearer and gained new perspectives…. I found new things to try! Bottom line: if you ever get a mental block, go for a walk!
No time for lunch
so I had a black corn & chocolates!
both the chewy corn and chocolates helped to calm my anxiety!
Okay. Now onto the tutorials. Many of you asked me how I prepare my bok choy. It’s really simple but some tips are important.
Ingredients: bok choy, mushrooms
black fungus, bamboo, ginger, garlic, green onions were for the steamed egg (below)
Oil (canola or corn, don’t use olive oil), salt, sugar and white pepper
1. Heat the oil, wait 2-3 min
2. add bok choy
3. Mix 2-3 min and add other ingredients (optional)
4. Mix 2-3 more, add salt, sugar (1 tbsp?) and 1/2 cup water.
5. Mix 2 min more and cover it.
6. Let it cook for 5 min. Open the lid, do a testing. Add salt & sugar if it’s necessary. And finally add white pepper (just a touch).
what’s the key in making a tasty and tender bok choy stir fry?
Next: Steamed egg
Ingredients: 2 eggs + salt + fish sauce (optional) and green onions.
1. Beat the eggs and add
2. Once beaten, add 1/2 cup of water
3. Add fish sauce
4. Steam it covered for 20 min (on medium heat) until it’s semi-done
5. Add green onions and steam for 2-3 min more.
It has a jelly texture.
My dinner companion
If you have any question about the tutorials and/or you want to see other chinese dishes tutorials, let me know, even it’s a dish that you don’t see me eating often, I’d love to try new things