Heel spurs: The heel bone is the biggest bone in the human body and it is responsible to absorb lot of shock as well as pressure. A heel spur is an unnatural growth of this heel bone. Calcium deposit occurs when the plantar fascia pulls away from the area about the heel leading to the development of a bony bump. The plantar fascia is the thick connective tissue which supports the arch of the foot. Heel spurs may be extremely painful while performing activities like walking or running and even standing.
Home cure to treat Heel Spur and Bone spur:
2. Omega 3 essential fatty acids: Omega 3 essential fatty acids are beneficial in reducing inflammation. Try and supplement your diet with 1000 mg Omega 3 essential fatty acids two times in a day to reduce pain related to bone spurs.
3. Capsaicin: A cream with capsaicin is a helpful remedy to provide relief in heel and bone spurs. Capsaicin is the ingredient responsible for the heat in hot peppers. Capsaicin may cause a little stinging sensation for a short while but it does benefit in heel and bone spurs. Do not apply this cream with bare hands use a glove to avoid stinging sensation in the fingers.
5. Flaxseed heat pack: Apply a flaxseed heat pack to reduce the inflammation related to bone spurs. To make a Flaxseed heat pack, heat little Flaxseeds and wrap the seeds in a clean cloth. Wrap this pack around the affected area. Leave the heat pack till stay on until it is no longer warm. Repeat this four to five times in a day.
6. Ice Pack You can wrap ice cubes in a dish towel and place it on the bone and heel spur. The cool sensation of the ice reduces the inflammation and swelling.
7. Linseed Oil: Dip a cheese cloth in linseed oil to treat heel spurs. Wrap this cloth around the heel and let it stay there for couple of hours.