Trail Mix Congo Squares
*Yields: 16 squares
-5T butter, melted
-1C brown sugar, light
-1 1/3C flour
-1t baking soda
-1C trail Mix OR 1C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees and spray an 8 in. by 8 in. baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, melt 5T butter and mix in brown sugar.
3. Next, add in two full eggs and mix. Then, add vanilla, baking soda, and flour and mix. Your dough should be rather thick.
4. Finally, mix in 1 cup of trail mix.
5. Using a spatula, scoop mixture into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
6. Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
7. Let cool for 15-20 minutes and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
My trail mix was full equipped with peanuts, chocolate chips, m&ms, and peanut butter chips. Couldn't ask for anything better.
I'll be able to thank my mom for this recipe when I see her tomorrow...IN BOULDER! You guys probably think I'm crazy for going to Boulder so often, but now I have even more of a reason.
The brother decided on the University of Colorado for his undergrad! Now I have both of my siblings there. So jealous.
What is your favorite recipe that you've inherited from your mama?