Do you want to get rid of that nasty cold so that you can feel better quicker? Well you’re taking the first step towards starting to feel better and getting rid of it. Below I have compiled a list that you can use for remedies that will help you get rid of that cold. Some of these remedies are herbal remedies and the others are remedies with items that you commonly find at home. You don’t need to use all of them but if you do a combination of these remedies will surely start to feel better quicker.
Here are the Remedies:
1. Echinacea targets the symptoms of your cold and aids your body in getting rid of it.
2. Ginseng is a fabulous herb that has many beneficial properties including helping to relieve a cold. It is especially helpful for treating coughing symptoms.
3. Peppermint tea has been noted as being very beneficial when one has a cold. It is not helpful to a sore throat, but it also has many properties that aid the body in ridding itself of a common cold.
4. Turmeric is another beneficial herb that’s highly effective against the common cold. When taken with boiled milk and a tablespoon of pepper powder this mixture when taken daily for three days aids the body in ridding itself of the cold.
5. Lemon juice has many uses including the treatment of the common cold. It is not only a great source of vitamin C but it is also a body cleanser or detox agent. Take lemon juice with warm water first thing in the morning and once more during the day.
6. Getting plenty of rest is very important especially if you’re suffering from a cold. The body needs time to restore itself and rest is the best way.
7. Try eating light foods like soups. This way the body doesn’t have to expend its energy digesting the food. The energy can be spent on the body ridding itself of the cold.
8. A vaporizer is a great device to have at home because it really helps to relieve the stuffiness that usually accompanies the common cold.
9. Aspirins taken every four hours works very well for the symptoms associated with a cold such as headaches, body aches, and fever.
10. And lastly drinking plenty of water is essential to getting rid of the common cold. The water helps to flush out the impurities associated with the cold or virus.
These remedies are very helpful in helping to get rid of the common cold. Just follow a few of these recommendations and before you know it you’ll be back to your healthy self.