Here are the Top Ten Benefits of Running:
1. Overall Mental Health: Running helps to release natural chemicals within the body to make you feel happy.
2. Lessens Asthma Effects: Asthmatics will breathe easier with strengthening the bronchi and lungs.
3. Helps with High Blood Pressure Prevention: Running allows your arteries to expand. This keeps arteries strong to maintain healthy blood pressure.
4. Stronger Immune System: People who run often have less minor illnesses.
5. Weight Loss: The movements with running help break down fat. This helps you burn 705 to 865 calories each hour.
6. Physical Strength: Running strengthens ligaments and tendons and builds lower body strength.
7. Increase Bone Density: If bones are stressed, the body sends important minerals to them. As running stresses the bones, these minerals increase bone density.
8. Joint Strength and Stability: When you increase the tendon and ligament strength, you also increase joint strength minimizing injuries to the knees, hips and ankles.
9. Personal Control: Running gives you higher confidence, which gives more control over your life.
10. Reduce Effects of Diabetes: Diabetics builds up a resistance to insulin that running can lower. This maintains healthy levels of sugar in the blood.
About the Author: The infographic below has been provided by Nordictrack
This post is the property of Kodjoworkout blog where you can find hundreds of home workouts designed to get you in shape fast!