Three small changes you can do that make a BIG difference
Posted Aug 27 2012 8:19am
1. Stay activeI know I know, we’ve all heard it. “You need at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.”
Some days, I just don’t have an extra 30 minutes. I’ve either been working the whole day and just want to sit my butt down and relax or I’ve booked too many things to do into one day (which happens pretty frequently)
Either way, I try to make a conscious effort to stay active. I’ve come to love the feeling I get after exercising and by all means if I do have the time I’ll make sure to get in a good workout. It’s on the day’s where I can’t find the time that I make a conscious effort to keep myself “active” throughout the day.
What I mean by “active” is more like making an effort. For example, If I know I’m not going to have the time to dedicate to a nice long workout, I’ll make sure to take the stairs or if I need to do an errand and it’s nearby, maybe I’ll walk there instead of drive.
Making these little efforts to be “active” in the sense of keeping your body moving is something that can really pay off in the long run.
2. AM BootycallBeing a Toneitup member, I’ve learned of something called a Bootycall. This means setting your alarm a little earlier than normal to fit in a workout before the day begins.
The bootycall sets aside (they say 30 minutes) I typically do anywhere from 10 -15 minutes of anything to get your heart rate up & running. You can dance around, you can go for a quick run, do some yoga. Anything really, as long as you are getting your heart rate up. Some morning I’m doing jumping jacks half asleep..but I’m definitely awake and feeling ready for the day after I finish them.
If you can’t do a bootycall in the AM, try doing something quickly in the afternoon or right before dinner. You’ll wake up your appetite and your dinner will be that much tastier!
3. Eat BreakfastAnother one we always hear “Eat breakfast to loose weight.” This is one I actually agree with & definitely if you are doing an AM workout, your body will be in need of something to eat.
Maybe you’re not a breakfast person, but if anything have a piece of fruit or maybe a yogurt. Eating in the morning will wake up your metabolism and keep it going throughout the day.
A breakfast favorite of mine: A smoothie. Quick & easy. Just throw whatever you have in the blender and you’re good to go. I drink mine on the way to work in the morning and by the time I’ve reached my office – I’ve had my breakfast
Small changes CAN make a BIG difference in your lifestyle. Being conscious of your body and how certain activities, food, etc make you feel can really put you in touch with your body’s true wants and needs.
I encourage you all to try to make a few small changes in your lifestyle this week. Whether it be the three listed above or three of your own, try to pick three things you’d like to work on & give yourself a little challenge
I’m with you all on this one! This week, I challenge myself to:
1. take the stairs everyday & everywhere
2. park far away from my office door
3. & one just for fun – have a mini dance party to a favorite song of mine each day.
Let me know what you challenges are for yourself this week & Good luck!