Recently I have gone against the intent of this site and let personal stuff creep into the posts. Well, I am getting back on track here as this is supposed to be a healthy living site, not a "share my personal life with everyone" type of blog. So, I am here to share some exercise experiences with you. It reminds me that it takes all kinds in this great big world! In the past couple of weeks I've had some really odd random observations in my workout attempts which leads to
THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT SEE WHEN WORKING OUT
1. Last week while on the treadmill, minding my own business, headphones in, suffering through some hills and Tabatas /index.html , I was almost thrown off the treadmill by this extremely earth shattering BANG followed by a noise I could only describe as a howl. The folks working out next to me also jumped out of their skins and we couldn't help but look around. Some rather large fellow was lifting a ginormous amount of weight, hoisting it over his head, dropping it to the floor and yowling. It was just awful. A friend of mine walked by me and said he sounded as if he was giving birth. I had to agree. We really shouldn't have to experience the sound of grown men giving birth while attempting to lift ridiculously heavy weights. This is a YMCA for crying out loud.
2. While standing in line for the restroom before a hot yoga class, the woman behind me started brushing her teeth. In LINE for the restroom. Just stood there brushing her teeth. Let me stress that we were outside in the hallway, not even inside the restroom with a sink nearby. RIDICULOUS
3. I actually saw someone sip water from the water fountain, swish the water around in his mouth and then spit it back into the fountain. GROSS.
4. Years ago I taught classes at a downtown club where I attended law school. I rarely went to the ladies locker room. For this reason: There was this really old lady who would use the gym (I guess. I never actually saw her anywhere but the ladies locker room) and come to shower in the locker room. She always found a spot in the very middle of the room, lay on her back, completely naked, and proceed to do leg exercises. BUTT NAKED. I'm only telling this because it's been so long ago I know no one can tie me to this particular woman. I can't make this stuff up.
5. The other day I saw this extremely attractive woman running on the sidewalk. I, of course, was admiring her long legs and stride. That is, I admired her until she stoped at a stoplight, tossed her head and spat out the hugest "lugie" I've ever seen. I think she even beat my boys with that one. EEEWWW.
Those are the worst I have seen recently. Do these people forget they are in public places? Is there no shame? Can we just blame it on Honey Boo Boo?
P.S. I have one more that isn't that bad, I didn't actually see, but still tickled me. The husband mentioned he had been wearing a pair of black socks he thought must be someone else's. He said they had little sticky dots on the bottom of the socks. Those were my Pilates socks! I had gotten them at Physique57 in New York and loved them! No wonder I couldn't find them! I could just imagine him sticking to the bottom of his shoes and floor walking around.
What's the weirdest thing you've seen? How do you feel about those "grunters"?