1. First and foremost, all you triathletes and cyclists are HARD CORE!
2. My ‘saddle’ is definitely not tough enough for riding. She’s one sore butt today!
3. Although death-hard, spinning was great and I enjoyed it immensely.
4. Must wear tighter shorts – too-big lulus just don’t work very well when riding a bike for an hour.
5. Not ‘bouncing’ when riding standing-up is near impossible!
6. 1 or 2 gears lower than what the teacher suggests seems to be a good gear for me!
7. Despite what I learned in engineering school, apparently whatever goes up does not always come down…it seemed like the “hills” we were riding up never ended! I found myself anxiously awaiting the downhill portion that just didn’t seem to come often enough!
8. Must walk carefully down the stairs and across the parking lot after class – my noodle legs almost bit it a couple of times before I got to the car!
So yeah, spinning last night was hard, but it was fun. Being that I’m not a cyclist by any means, I expected it to be tough. Luckily the teacher had pretty good music and I realize that I’ve missed that feeling of working out really hard with good loud tunes. They run this class Tues, Wed and Thurs, so I think I’ll try to attend once a week for awhile and see how it goes.
Now, does anyone have any tips for how to soothe a sore butt? :o)