1. I turned on my television one evening a few weeks ago, and the channel was set to ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss. I decided to give it a try for a few minutes since I used to be a fan of The Biggest Loser, and I instantly became hooked. This week’s episode was so good, and I found myself getting emotionally attached to the contestants. I even went on ABC’s website to find out how they are doing now. Please tell me that I am not the only one who does things like that!
2. Living in New York and Connecticut for years and years turned me into a massive Dunkin Donuts fan, and the hardest adjustment that I had to make when I moved down south was not having one nearby. I was so desperate for my fix at one point that I actually looked into opening my own franchise. Seriously. Well, my prayers were answered last week when a Dunkin Donuts drive-thru opened up right down the street from my house. I’ve since been there an embarrassing amount of times, and the woman who works the drive-thru window already recognizes me.
3. Even though it didn’t really suit the occasion, I couldn’t resist wearing my new necklace with my chambray shirt from J. Crew at the air show on Saturday. It looked pretty cute- if I do say so myself.
4. Michele, one of my very favorite beauty gurus on You Tube, recently posted a video in which she declared that she is going on a makeup no buy for a little over a month. Since I have a ridiculous amount of makeup and barely even use half of it, I decided to join her. I even canceled my ipsy subscription! Hopefully, I can make it through the month because Sephora is always pretty tempting.
5. Michael and I went to visit my sister and my nieces yesterday, and it was the first time that he actually acknowledged the girls. As soon as he saw Ava on the floor in her vibrating seat, he crawled right over and was all up in her personal space. I think it means that he loves her.
Pretty cool your handsome wee dude has cousins to grow up with – the two girls just may give him a run for his money though – ha! I have a very smart lady in my life and she will not leave the house until she has her jewels on and her lips made up. So I say wear the jewelry you love instead of having it collect dust, especially if it makes you FEEL BETTER:) Happy Friday – Happy Weekend
They actually opened a Krispy Kreme right nearby when I was pregnant with Michael, and I was there WAY too often. LOL. I love DD for their whole grain bagels and coffee, and I turn to KK for the good sugary stuff.
Hello and welcome to The Grass Skirt- a lifestyle blog written by the world's biggest Lionel Richie fan. Be sure to visit my "About" page to learn more about me and The Grass Skirt.
Thanks for visiting!
Click to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.