1. Remember the Big Sexy Hair spray that I got in my July ipsy bag? It is supposed to fight the effects of humidity, and well, it does. Unfortunately, it also makes my hair feel dirty and look very flat. Even when I used it sparingly, it also made my hair a little greasy. My hair is pretty fine though, so it might work better for those of you who are blessed with thicker hair.
2. Staying on the subject of hair… I had an appointment to get my hair cut and highlighted on Tuesday afternoon, but the salon lost power a few minutes after I arrived. Thank God it didn’t happen when I was sitting in the chair with a head full of foils! My appointment was rescheduled for Monday, and I couldn’t be happier. I have been feeling kind of drab and dull looking lately, and I could really use some freshening up!
3. MT surprised me with an apple fritter from The Peach Stand on Sunday afternoon. Let me tell you, it really came in handy on Monday morning after Michael decided to knock over my bowl of oatmeal. It wasn’t the healthiest emergency breakfast, but it sure was good.
4. Zulily ran a promotion on 80s themed baby and toddler apparel this week, and so many of my wonderful friends and readers emailed and texted to let me know about the Lionel Richie t-shirt for sale. It probably goes without saying, but I totally ordered one for Michael.
5. Wednesday was kind of a rough day for me, so MT sent this meme to cheer me up. It definitely made me smile.
Hello and welcome to The Grass Skirt- a lifestyle blog written by the world's biggest Lionel Richie fan. Be sure to visit my "About" page to learn more about me and The Grass Skirt.
Thanks for visiting!
Click to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.