1. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have guessed that I was on vacation at the beach earlier this week. Something you may not know, however, is that it was a total disaster. Michael was completely thrown off by the change in environment and all of the other people staying at the house, and as a result, I didn’t get very much sleep. MT and I decided to leave early, and the second we got in the car, Michael was back to normal. I swear on Lionel Richie that I’ll never travel with an infant again. Ever. It’s much more relaxing at home!
2. Speaking of Lionel Richie, MT and I are going to see him perform in September! Obviously, I’m beyond excited about it, and I’m already starting to count down the days until concert time. I’ll be sure to tell Lionel that you all said hello (no pun intended).
3. Even though I’ve tweeted Lionel many times, I’ve never gotten a response. I think he’s just trying to play it cool. I have gotten a tweet from the awesome Steve Harvey though, and just the other day, Ken Paves tweeted me to say thank you for my review of his book. Obviously, I like him even more now, and if I ever become famous, he’s totally going to be my stylist.
4. I’m kind of off when it comes to eating in season. I was drinking smoothies for breakfast all winter long, and now that the weather is warm and I should be having something cold, I’m on a hot oatmeal kick.
5. Our fridge was totally bare when we got back from the beach, so Michael and I headed off to Trader Joe’s yesterday morning. I usually do my grocery shopping with his giant carrier in my cart, but I finally realized that it would be a lot easier (and roomier) if he just sat up in front. I wasn’t sure how it would play out, but he absolutely loved it! He was smiling at all of the customers and kept reaching out to grab things off the shelves. And with all that extra room in the shopping cart, our fridge is now totally stocked. (By the way, I’ll post my Trader Joe’s haul next week.)
Have you ever been on a vacation that didn’t go so well? Share your horror stories!
Have a great day!
Fortunately I have yet to go on a horrible trip the closest thing was probably camping and it down poured all weekend. The water in the bathrooms weren’t working, lets just leave it as you did not want to set foot near them….at all!!! Ugh
Too many vacation not so good, nightmare, horror stories to tell in the 14 years Mr. Craves and I have been traveling together – the one that really sticks out is the bat and bear incident and luckily has not repeated itself!!! Your little man is so cute in the cart photo:) Happy Friday – Happy Weekend
Oh no! Im sorry the beach trip didnt go as planned! I’m sooo worried about our beach vacation. We brought Ian to the beach for the first time this weekend and he wasnt impressed with the sand or ocean sooo we are clearly in for a trip lol.
Oh and I’ve had oatmeal for the last two weeks straight. LOL
Hello and welcome to The Grass Skirt- a lifestyle blog written by the world's biggest Lionel Richie fan. Be sure to visit my "About" page to learn more about me and The Grass Skirt.
Thanks for visiting!
Click to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.