1. While we were at Music on the Green on Saturday night, a ball kicked by some children playing soccer nearby randomly hit MT right in the head. (Thankfully, it just missed the baby!) I probably shouldn’t have laughed as hard as I did- or at all- but I just couldn’t help myself. Luckily, MT has a good sense of humor and didn’t seem to mind how entertained I was by the whole thing.
2. Whenever we go to Skillets, I usually take one of the green mints at the register because I love them so much. It always seemed greedy to take more than one, but on Sunday, I decided to rock the boat and take two. I’m clearly such a rebel. As I popped a mint into my mouth in the car, MT told me that he had a surprise for me in his pants. I’m sure you can imagine what I thought he meant, but instead…he pulled out a handful of green mints! Do we know how to live on the edge or what?
3. On Monday, a jar of pasta sauce in my grocery cart rolled out somehow and shattered all over the place. I was covered in sauce from the knees down and had only a burp cloth to clean myself until one of the employees brought some paper towels over to me. (That’s the dirty burp cloth in a plastic bag in the photo above.) As if that wasn’t embarrassing enough, I had to hear, “Glass clean-up on aisle seven!” blazing through the intercom a few minutes later. Moral of the story? Make your own sauce.
4. Michael and I were supposed to go to our first Kindermusik class yesterday morning. After playing for three solid hours, he stayed awake the whole car ride there, but as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, he fell fast asleep. Fingers crossed that we make it to next week’s class!
5. I’m loving these gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies by Udi’s so much lately. Just one in the evening with a cup of tea has been the perfect snack. FYI- I found them in the freezer section of my local grocery store (in case you decide to pick some up for yourself).
6. My new ipsy glam bag came yesterday, and I think it just might be the best one yet! I’m kind of a blush freak, so I really excited that one from Be A Bombshell Cosmetics was included this month. I also cannot wait to try the frizz serum because my hair has been a but puffy lately with all of this humidity. Big hair isn’t a good look for me.
Have you ever been the cause of an aisle clean-up in a store?
Linking up here, here, and here.
Stopping by from the Aloha Friday blog hop. I’m following you on bloglovin now.
Thanks for sharing your interesting week. I liked all your stories. I did break something a long time ago in the store. It was a big jar of apple sauce that fell out of the front of the cart and broke all over the place. It is embarrassing when that happens.
I love peeks into other people’s lives. What a beautiful baby you have! Don’t feel too bad about the jar of sauce. This week, I was at a Costco picking up a few things and a BIG BOTTLE OF VODKA rolled and broke out of a guy’s cart. I can’t imagine much worse than everyone knowing you are the guy who buys 2 gallon bottles of vodka. I am dropping by and following from the Aloha Friday Blog Hop. I hope you can stop by for a visit:
Pasta sauce – of course it has to be that – messy and stains. I cannot recall having an incident in the grocery store like that – a lady went into labor in the cookie aisle and her water broke – that was a tense moment. Mr. Craves is a grab a handful of mints type too – ha! Happy Friday – Happy Weekend:)
OMG! I don’t know what I would have done if I saw a woman go into labor in the store. Pretty funny that she was shopping for cookies though. Guess she had some last minute cravings. Happy weekend to you too!
This was before cell phones, so I just went up to the cashier area and told them to contact 911 and that the lady in labor was in aisle whatever!!! I am pretty calm in situations like that if it is not me having the situation then watch out for a freak out – ha!
LOL at stories 1, 2 &3! While I’ve never been the subject of a grocery store aisle cleanup, I did once break one of those big glass jars of mayonnaise all over my own kitchen floor. The smell—ohh the smell. Needless to say I will buy plastic mayo jars for the rest of my life!
Hello and welcome to The Grass Skirt- a lifestyle blog written by the world's biggest Lionel Richie fan. Be sure to visit my "About" page to learn more about me and The Grass Skirt.
Thanks for visiting!
Click to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.