1. On Wednesday, I had lunch with a friend/former co-worker at Newk’s Cafe. I ordered the half salad and half veggie sandwich combo. I really enjoyed the sandwich- until I got into the car and realized that I had pieces of roasted vegetables all in between my teeth.
2. Lucy (whose fur is still a very long way off from growing back in) is terrified of my Roomba and retaliates when I turn it on by pooping in the house. I just know that the Roomba is going to run through the poop one of these days and spread it all over my downstairs. Believe it or not, this actually happened one time when Emma was still alive. Needless to say, it was not pretty…or fragrant.
3. My favorite smoothie combination this week has been unsweetened chocolate almond milk, spinach, cacao, cinnamon, frozen raspberries, and banana. I don’t know why, but it reminds me of a box of Valentine’s Day chocolates.
4. It was kind of dreary outside on Tuesday, so I decided that it would be the perfect time to use the slow cooker to make Sesame Honey Chicken. It was so good that I actually licked the pot before I cleaned it. I know that’s not very ladylike, but I swear that if you make this recipe, you’ll want to do the same.
5. Kimberly Snyder’s new book Beauty Detox Foods came out this week, and I’ve been reading and bookmarking it like crazy. As you may already know, I am a huge fan of her first book, but so far, I like the new one even better.
The roasted veggie in the teeth look – been there done that – ha! Poor you with Lucy and the Roomba:( Sounds like a job for Ceaser Millan aka The Dog Whisperer. Thanks for sharing – Happy Friday and Happy Easter:)
Hello and welcome to The Grass Skirt- a lifestyle blog written by the world's biggest Lionel Richie fan. Be sure to visit my "About" page to learn more about me and The Grass Skirt.
Thanks for visiting!
Click to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.