Soooo this morning I was reading, a post by Caitlin from Ola Fitness andddd she nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award!!
YAY!!! I was very excited when I ready my Blog title on her list, considering hers is one I read a lot! Don’t know what this award is?
Don’t worry I didn’t really know either, here’s the run down:
1) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
2) Share 7 things about yourself
3) Pass the award on to 15 more bloggers
4) Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know that they have been selected
My 7 Things:(We are about to get close, I can feel it.)
1. I technically have two older brothers, one biological and one adopted. When I was in middle school and my older brother Ryan was in high school, he had a friend who lived with his great grandmother. His grandmother passed away and he didn’t have many options on where to live, so he moved in with us!
2. Playing field hockey in college was probably the best thing I ever did and I miss it everyday. Was I the best? Nope. Did the time commitment, LONG road trips when you have 2 tests the next day suck? Yup. But my team was my family and my best friends. I lived with 5 of them! I wouldn’t change a minute of it. Field hockey isn’t that popular of sport to play once you are out of college, in my area at least, so there aren’t many opportunities. I would love if I could still play on a club team that wasn’t over an hour away from me. 3. You’ve heard of cat ladies I’m sure, but if I could, I would be a dog lady. 4. I have grown up my entire life a Pittsburgh Sports fan. My dad is from south of Pittsburgh, an old coal mining town, and my grandparents still live there. Steelers, Penguins, Pirates- love them all. To this day one of my favorite places in the world is PNC Park where the Pirates play baseball. It’s beautiful and is right along the river. One room in my parents house is a Pittsburgh sports theme and golf of course.
5. I am not a good runner- something I’m working on. Not to brag at all, but give me a stick, racket, ball, golf club..basically any sport implement and I’ll be able to give you a good run for your money. That just happens to be what I’m naturally gifted at. I played field hockey, basketball, and soccer in high school. Tell me to run 5 miles…say whatttt!? Now that is hard for me. Getting into the world of multisport has been the challenge I have needed, and hopefully something I can continue for a long time.
Notice there aren’t pictures of me running here. They’re too painful to look at.
6. 3 C’s: Chocolate, Coffee, and Coconut. I’m obsessed with all 3. Put them all together..and I would be in heaven.
7. I met my boyfriend who is an athletic trainer because I sprained my foot pretty badly- fate that I got injured? I think so
And Now I will pass this award on to other blogs I love to read. They all have great content and material and I enjoy them all daily!
Alright, so that is that, but I’m sure you ALL remember what today is! Oh you don’t…? Well let me remind you! It’s the start of THE PLAN ! Today is day one of: “gettingfastrsoidon’tlooklikeafoolrunningwithsidestitchesandcrampsouttheyingyang” Got that!? Okay. Good. So today is just 3 miles, nothing crazy. I wanted to start out in low mileage and then I’ll move up as time goes on. I’ll be sure to let you know how that goes… Tomorrow, I will have a guest post about the importance of balance in your life. Be sure to stay tuned!