Like Jazzercise classes and Yoga classes, Nia has cycles to each routine. Nia has seven cycles. Here is a very brief description of each cycles. For more details on each cycle click here.
1. Setting your focus and intent In the first cycle we set our focus and intent.
2. Stepping In This is when we, well, step in. We step into the moment.
3. Warm up This is a song or two that we use to warm up.
4. Get Moving This is the portion of the workout routine where we really start to use all of our muscles.
5. Cool Down This is the part of the routine were we slow down.
6. Floorplay This is where you get to work more muscles and or do some more stretching.
7. Stepping out This is usually the time in the routine can't believe it has been (about) 55 minutes.