Yogi Tea Green Tea Kombucha: This has quickly become one of my favorite teas. It has a fruity taste that isn’t too sweet or too strong. The combination of green tea and kombucha strengthens the immune system, detoxifies the body and fights fatigue.
Haiku Organic Kukicha Twig Tea: Ideal after a meal, this tea commonly enjoyed as part of a macrobiotic diet is made from harvested twigs, leaves and stems. I first tried this tea at Souen . I liked the light, nutty taste and became interested in its blood alkalizing benefits which can affect everything from weight loss to tummy troubles and good digestion.
Traditional Medicinals Organic Raspberry Leaf:This is a strong black-like tea especially for women. I use it to support healthy menstruation, including regularity and relief from cramping and bloating. Raspberry Leaf tones the uterus and can induce labor. If you’re pregnant, consult with your doctor before using the tea for this purpose.
Rest & Relax Sampler: I picked up this sampler pack at Whole Foods one night as I was buying ingredients for the dinner I planned to make on a relaxing Friday night in. What can I say, I had sleep on the brain! Four teas are included: Bedtime, Kava Stress Relief, Calming and Comforting Chamomile each of which induces relaxation. Some of these teas list Stevia in the ingredients and I find them to be a little to sweet for my palette.
Good Earth Organic Cool Mint Tea: I love to end a meal with mint tea. This tea is a runner up to using fresh mint leaves. Mint tea also promotes good digestion and helps stave off cravings.
5 Tips for Sipping Tea:
1. To get the full effect and taste of the tea, drink it without sweetener. If you absolutely need some sweetener, use a natural sweetener like Stevia or honey
2. To release the full benefit of the herbs, allow the tea to steep for up to five minutes, but avoid over-brewing which could damage the nutrients
3. Drink tea on an empty stomach to fully absorb the nutrients from the food – never before or immediately following a meal
4. If you are a coffee-lover and are trying to wean yourself off, try substituting one cup each day with a cup of green tea. Once you are comfortable with one cup per day, increase it to two and so on.
5. Just like any other natural food like vegetables, buying organic is best.