If you have been following my blog you know that I am huge fan of butternut squash. I ALWAYS order a huge bowl at my favorite restaurant in my hometown – DEEEElishhhh! See –> this is what I’m talking about ! Truly, I am kind of embarrassed to admit that I have never made it on my own. This weekend I finally whipped together a delicious batch! Oh boy was it every tastyyy.
Butternut Squash BisqueIngredients: 1 medium sized butternut squash1/2 tbsp. cinnamon1/4 cup maple syrup 3 tbsp. Earth Balance butter 1/2 tsp sea salt 1/4 to 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk stevia to taste Directions:
1. Cut the squash into 1 inch cubes removes the skin
2. Place in a cooking pan and add the butter, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Cook at 425 until soft (approx. 40 minutes)
3. Remove from oven and place everything (including the juices from the maple syrup) into a food processor. Add in soy milk, sea salt and stevia. Blend until smooth.
4. ENJOY! This sure is some tasty soup – sure to please every palate!
During my Spring Break I received another great product in the mail. First of all, I totally got a kick out of the name – let me introduce to you The “Flacker”. The opening statement on their website reads, “Welcome to Dr. In The Kitchen – makers of flackers – flax seed crackers, a gluten free food – high in Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. Flackers are sprouted and dehydrated, so they are a raw food product. Flackers are our first product, but stay tuned for more! Our mission at Doctor In The Kitchen is to create unique foods that are delicious and super healthy. We use only the best, most effective ingredients that we know will support your optimal health, enhance your vitality and optimize your body’s function. Doctor In The Kitchen foods are designed for people that want to eat well, feel great and strive for optimal health and vitality.”
The crackers are delicious both on their own or accompanied by your favorite dip, spread, salad, or what-have-you. For more information visit their website and Facebook page.
- Thin and crunchy with organic golden and brown flax seeds
- Distinct rosemary and sage flavors
- No gluten, no rice, no sugar, and no added yeast
- I loved loved loved this flavor dipped in garlicky hummus – perfection
- UM can you say perfectoooo with a kick?
- Rather spicy (you can even see the red chili peppers)
- Absolutely wonderful addition to a healthy lifestyle
- Delicious crumbled over a salad
- My personal favorite
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids and protein
- The combination to basil, garlic, and onion was superb
- Perfect for people of all ages – so delicious
One last thing before I go study (for the exams I have this week) – have you taken the chance to enter my King Arthur Flour Giveaway yet? Time is running out and you don’t want to miss out on this one!