1. I think I have a new favorite thing to do: play with babies. Between my cute nephew and a couple of friends with one-year-olds, it makes me insanely happy to play with babies and then give them back to their parents when it gets overwhelming or difficult.
2. Sous Chef helped me "install" (a.k.a. hide the cords for) speakers in the kitchen. So now I can blast my favorite tunes whilst creating culinary masterpieces...or standing at the counter eating Biscoff right out of the jar. Whatever.
3. So far my favorite music to listen to while cooking is the Golden Oldies station on Pandora. It's like that kitchen scene in The Big Chill except without the perms and shoulder pads.
4. The Sous Chef went out grocery shopping the other day, and he took along this stack of coupons I had collected. He came home having used all the coupons but two: one for Magnum ice cream and the other for Oreos. I think he did it because he has my best interests at heart, but I don't think he thought about his best interests...
5. I discovered another great thing about coffee : drinking it while eating baked goods. Specifically, snickerdoodles. Holy moly. It's like dessert for breakfast. But only if you're eating the snickerdoodle at 9:00AM. Which I was. Otherwise it's just like dessert for dessert.
6. I've been losing sleep over what to name my writing company. At one point, after about seventeen hours of thinking and thinking and staring at my computer screen, I went temporarily insane and decided to treat my keyboard like a Ouija board (Oui-board?) and let it guide my fingers. I ended up Googling "lhgj", which led me to a video of an Asian woman singing "Oh Danny Boy." Yup.