Hope your days are going just fabulously!
Kind of a slow day here. No work because of the holiday. My mom is taking my little bro to look at some colleges (can’t believe it!) so I’m all on my lonesome here. What does that mean?
1. I’ve been walking around singing at the top of my lungs. This is what I do when no one is home or if I’m driving.
2. On that note, I’ve been doing a LOT of songwriting lately! I haven’t talked about it much here, but music and singing is my first love. My hope is to put together and record a decent selection of songs by the end of the year.
3. I’ve definitely moved on from pumpkin to apples. Actually, no. I have added apples to my pumpkin obsession. Recipes galore on their way, and I can’t stop baking.
4. The weather can’t make up it’s mind! I’ve been DYING to go on a super long hike all day, but one second it’s sunny, the next, it’s overcast and the wind is picking up. Oh, fantastic: it just started torrentially downpouring and thundering. It’s supposed to be 72 and sunny tomorrow, fingers crossed.
5. While we’re on the subject of the weather forecast, it’s supposed to be 54 degrees and sunny on Sunday. Sure, it’s chilly, but I’m actually SO SO SO excited… It means that fall weather has finally arrived!!! I’m so over this transitional weather and can’t wait to throw on my favorite leopard faux fur coat. And sweaters. And boots!
7. I’ve been so bad about posting about working out lately! Maybe it’s because I haven’t been working out nearly as much as I’ve wanted. But I have a new buddy:
I’ve done some boxing every day this week! It’s so fun and such a good workout- cardio and strength! Not to mention I blast some hardcore music and feel like such a badass. My shoulders are already sore!
Plus, my local studio is finally open again, after being closed due to flooding from Irene! So so happy, and will be throwing a couple classes in this weekend. And some hikes that I can handle with just a hoodie before I have to put on my Under Armour coldgear!
8. I got Gawked today! It’s always so flattering when one of those sites agrees to post a photo of mine. I’m so used to taking pictures of nature, but I’ve really been working on my food styling so it’s nice to be paid such an incredible compliment.
9. Totally watching a Sex and the City marathon on E! right now. God, I miss this show. And Friends. And no, I don’t like the movies.
10. We got a Tiffany & Co. catalogue yesterday (not sure why; I only wish we were frequent customers). I really really really want this.
11. I might jump on the “Five Things” bandwagon. In case this wasn’t personal enough for you.
I’m off to crank up the heat and clean my room. Toodles!