Liz Ashlee “tagged” me in this game that’s been circulating around the blogosphere lately, so I thought it might be a fun change–> at least, more fun than posting about the salads we had last night for dinner, don’t you think?
1. I’m newly obsessed with Downton Abbey . Austin and I watched the entire first season on Netflix Streaming a couple weeks ago, and now we’ve both got the soundtrack playing on repeat throughout the day. Sunday nights can’t come fast enough each week.
Luckily, Austin likes it, too. We disagree on hand soap scents more than you might expect.
3. Tangled is my new favorite Disney movie. I have it saved on our DVR, so I can play it anytime I’m bored.
4. I like to watch the Dr. Oz Show when I’m running on my treadmill, even though I disagree with him a lot.
5. I had never even visited Los Angeles before driving across the country to move here. Eeek.
6. I was so sad when my local Whole Foods stopped carrying my favorite raw goat feta… until I found it again yesterday!
I might have gone overboard when stocking-up.
7. Even though I’ve had my job for almost 6 years, I still get excited when I see one of my cards in the store.
8. I’ve finally given up my favorite Bobbi Brown foundation , in favor of a more natural skin care line. So far, I don’t regret the decision. I actually LOVE my new foundation!
9. But I still use Bobbi Brown eyeliner . It’s the best one I’ve ever tried.
10. I was sad when All My Children and One Life to Live were canceled. Daytime TV is officially dead to me.
11. I used to hate fresh ginger, but now I’m obsessed with it.
Particularly in pudding-form . (I made this pudding with traditional yams last night–> still just as tasty as the Purple version! )
1. Who are your fitness role models? Hmm… not sure I would consider myself to have true “fitness” role models, but I have always looked to Jennifer Aniston and Kelly Ripa for workout ideas. Thanks to Kelly Ripa, I discovered Physique 57!
2. Do you prefer cooking at home or eating at a restaurant? Cooking at home, of course! I actually think the food I make at home tastes better than most restaurant meals, anyway.
3. Favorite quote or words you live by? “Do something that scares you everyday.” There’s no better feeling than conquering a fear! My most recent accomplishment was driving a rental car around New Jersey and New York City– which was terrifying! But, I was so proud of myself when it was all over.
4. Favorite running shoes?Brooks! I usually buy whichever Brooks shoes are on clearance at my local running store.
6. Music that makes you move? Florence + the Machine & Jay-Z
7. Favorite indulgent food that you would eat everyday if nutritious facts didn’t matter? Pizza!!! And cookies. In the same sitting.
8. What are you are grateful for? Everything! I feel so lucky to have my family, my friends, my job, my health… seriously, everything.
9. Biggest pet peeve? How do you deal with it? Trash left in the sink– it drives me CRAZY. Austin will purposefully leave a muffin wrapper or paper towel in the sink, because he thinks it’s funny to see me get mad. Then I give him an evil-glare, and he immediately removes it.
10. How do you get rid of the grumps or a negative story in your head? Talking to a good friend, taking a nap, or a hot shower. Those things make me instantly feel better.
11. Greatest piece of advice for living a healthy lifestyle? Don’t go to extremes–> having learned from personal experience, a consistent lifestyle (even if it’s not perfect!) is much healthier than an all-or-nothing lifestyle.