Here's to Fall.
Pumpkin Quinoa Snack Bars
(Adapted from Vanilla & Spice . Makes 6 bars, approx. 138 calories each)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Use cooking spray to grease an 8x8-inch metal baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. In another bowl, mix together the pumpkin, molasses, vanilla, and almond milk. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
4. Fold in the quinoa, rolled oats, almonds, and pepitas.
5. Use your hands to press the mixture evenly into the greased pan. Sprinkle the top with more almonds and pepitas, and gently press them down with your palms.
6. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, until the top is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. After it has cooled, cut it into bars.