From my last post about Organizing, De-Cluttering, and Donating , I'm glad you are on the donating bandwagon and most of you said you like to stay organized.
And a few people commented about my bag of chocolate . That it wouldn't last long in your house. It may not last long here now that things are organized and I can actually find what I am looking for! Like chocolate. And trust me, that was just the tip of the chocolate iceberg in my kitchen.
Dessert: Raw Vegan Apple Crumble
You can make this crumble with most any fruit. Pineapple, peaches, mangoes, plums. Whatever you have on hand. It's no bake and has impressed even die-hard non-vegan apple crumble lovers.
1. Do you have any food tips, cooking tips, workout, or lifestyle tips you're just dying to share? Sharing is caring, says Holly .
I have a few Tip Posts such as Tips for Saving Money on Grocery Budget
How to Score Free Yoga Classes in my Yoga FAQ's Post
How to Get Abs (& Tough Love)
Off the top of my head here are 5 Random Tips
1. Rather than buy leave-in conditioner or hair detangler, take an ounce or so of your regular conditioner, mix it with 4 oz or so of water in a squirt bottle or misting bottle, and use that as your leave-in conditioner or detangler.
2. Beets are the King of the Plant Kingdom for iron. If you're feeling a little depleted, you could be low on iron. Eat some beets. Peel them, and then roast them in 1 inch chunks with EVOO, S & P, and a sprinkling of ground ginger at 400F for about an hour, or until carmelized and tender. Nature's Candy. And iron. All in one.
3. Go to the farmer's market at closing time. Many vendors will be giving away what they didn't sell for free, or for next to nothing. It may not be "perfect" produce, but it will be free, or almost.
4. Get a free lipgloss or lipstick from MAC Makeup by bringing back 6 of your empty MAC containers. So save your empty's!
5. Backup your hard drive. We all store so much on our computers from music to photos to documents that buying an external hard drive for a hundred bucks (or less) is about the best peace of mind you can have. What would you do if you lost all your music or photos? Seriously, think about how you'd feel. This is what I bought as my "insurance" and it was only $79. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!
What are your tips?
2. Best thing You've Ate or Done so far this weekend? Or any fun plans ahead?
I went on a nice walk with the family and then did an at home workout yesterday. And my plans ahead include working and sharing a fun new recipe later on....
See you later!