Have any of you played (or still play) the game “never have I ever”? Well in case you haven’t, let me describe it to you .
“Never have I ever” (also known as “Ten Fingers”) is a often popular party game that involves drinking. The verbal game is started with the players getting into a circle. Then, the first player says a simple statement starting with “Never have I ever”. Anyone who has done what the first player has not must drink and put down a finger. It continues around the circle, and the next person makes a statement. There is also a non-drinking version that is basically just used to get to know one another and you put your fingers down instead of taking a drink. Once a player runs out of “fingers” the game is over.
Back in middle school and high school I always played the non-drinking version at things like cheerleading camp, sleepovers, and parties. It’s always a good time. And generally, when you’re a bit older, it often turns naughty.
Well today, I thought I would do my own little blog version of the game. Except not really because no one is putting their fingers down, but you get the idea. I’m going to tell you 10 things I’ve never done that relate to healthy food! Ready? Here we go:
1. Never have I ever: eaten kale. I’m not a veggie lover. I have to generally “gently” remind myself to eat them. And kale sounds a bit too strong in taste for me. How would I know? I don’t haha.
2. Never have I ever: made my own peanut butter. I should really try this!
3. Never have I ever: tried cashew butter. I think this is a blogging sin. I’m pretty sure the only reason I’ve never tried it is because I didn’t want to shell out the cash to pay for it.
4. Never have I ever: liked raw broccoli and cauliflower. The texture of both of them when they are raw gives me the willies hehe.
5. Never have I ever: mixed avocado into something sweet (like a smoothie or dessert of some sort). The idea freaks me out. I know I need to get over it haha.
6. Never have I ever: like chia seeds. I’ve tried them several times. Um no. No no no. They gross my taste buds and sensory receptors out!
7. Never have I ever: made one of the oh so popular microwave muffins. Why? I never have all of the ingredients on hand. I should just suck it up and go by some because they always look so tasty .
8. Never have I ever: followed a fad diet.
9. Never have I ever: tried to make a protein pudding.
10. Never have I ever: completely given up refined sugar. Sometimes I just want a real dessert that has the white table sugar in it. If I completely give up eating real desserts, I’ll go crazy!
Your turn! Tell me something that you’ve never done that’s food related!