I finally got to wear my tiger dress that I had bought months ago, it was great!! ($25 from Forever21 if you're curious :D). Then there was a group of people in a booth beside us, and one of the guys was wearing a Robin Hood hat, it was the strangest thing... however I did ask to borrow it for some quick photos...
Haha, too funny. All in all it was a good night... until around 2am. See, when you have a booth and bottle service for some reason they bring you 5 donuts. Seriously, on a platter... I think they're freshly made, but it's still strange, and of course I ended up eating half of a donut. I have to admit, I was so bloated by the time I got home but it was SO GOOD!!! I don't remember the last time I ate a donut, which I guess is why I can justify having half of one. I opted out of post-bar sub's because of it, so it was ok.
I woke up around 10 and I was still a bit sleepy, but I wasn't hung over. I turned on Dawson's Creek (obviously) and started to try studying again, but I couldn't focus because I was sleepy so I just rested. Then I napped briefly. Then I woke up and had a shower and got ready and went to visit my cousins who live here in TO. They're so funny and so fun to visit. After our visit, I picked up C and we went and did groceries and guess what? We bought 2 tuna steaks so we can try and make our own Ahi Tuna!! Well, there is no "try". We are making Ahi Tuna and must succeed because tuna steaks are not cheap so I really can't eff it up.
Obviously as you can tell I did ZERO exercise this weekend. I feel grubby because of it. Oh well, tomorrow is a brand new day and I'll get a good run in. I hope the weather is as warm tomorrow as it was this weekend!
I haven't posted recently about any foods that I've found to be interesting, so I'm going to start again - right now! I'm going to choose one of my FAVOURITE foods, raspberries!! My preference for these berries is to eat them frozen, but I like them fresh as well :) They can be so sweet and so sour... but doesn't matter to me!! For those who are unfamiliar with the awesome benefits of eating raspberries, check this out...
1. They are full of antioxidants which help fight those damned free radicals in your body that can lead to cancer. Raspberries can have anticancer properties because of the antioxidants - always a bonus!
2. Free radicals also lead to increased aging, so since raspberries fight those free radicals, it can help slow down the aging process. How needs botox!? Eat some berries instead!!
3. If you start eating raspberries (and/or other berries as well) for a snack instead of chips or something unhealthy, they can totally help with weight loss and/or control!! Yay for low-cal snack options!
4. Raspberries are full of vitamin C which helps growth and maintenance of tissues in the body and can repair cells of the skin and bones and blood vessels. Wheeew healthy hearts!!
Other random benefits of raspberries include (but are not limited to)
- decreased PMS (haha, handy..)
- improved bone health
- decreased arthritis pain
- protection from low-density lipoproteins in diabetics
So basically, go buy yourself some raspberries, fresh or frozen - it's up to you!
The last thing I wanted to do tonight is plan out my workouts for the next 5 days. Weather permitting I'm going to try and fit in 3 outdoor runs of 5km or more...
Monday - Run
Tuesday - Full Body HIIT workout
Wednesday - Run
Thursday - Full Body HIIT workout
Friday - Run
I'm not going to plan the weekend out yet, I'm just going to start small and see how the week goes!!
What did you get up to this weekend? Were you better than me and actually break a sweat? Or did you relax and do nothing? If you did workout, share your workout with me.... I might need to take some motivation from you to create a workout of my own! :)