Recently, featured me on her health and wellness blog. Most of the questions were about self-love, how to stay healthy, and focused on my goals and aspirations. Besides the fact that Melissa is such a “mirror” for me, her blog is wonderful. You can read her posts and this specific one .
Anyways, one of her questions was, “what are your top five tips to stay healthy and happy?” I think about these things every day, but to actually put them into words was really meaningful. This is what I came up with..
1. Appreciate what you already have! Each morning, repeat this mantra: “I give thanks for all of the things in my life that have opened my eyes and brought to this physical world everything that is real for me. I will create more of these blessings today.”
2. Meditate. Connecting with yourself and your breath is one of the most powerful and healing modalities that you can do. It seems subtle, but your body will thank you! Many people ask me, “How do you meditate?” or give an excuse that they don’t know how. Honestly, if you just sit or lie comfortably, close your eyes, scan your body, and breathe- your body will take it from there. When I first started meditating, I would just focus on my breath coming in and out. Now, my mind takes me to really fabulous places- and these will all come to you eventually!- get excited.
3. Write! Document things in your life that you would like to get rid of: attitudes or beliefs about yourself, destructive behaviors, it could be anything. Write these things down, and then tear it, burn it, or throw it away. Just like that, those things are gone. Now get out a new paper, write the things you want to create in your life, and hang that baby up on your wall! Read that list every day.
4. Eat plants. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with vegetables…there is so much dietary confusion out there today. One thing they all have in common: vegetables. Enough said.
5. Believe in yourself. Whatever you want to create, whoever you want to be, wherever you want to go: you can do these things. It all starts with a belief. I believe in you. <3
Although I practice these things daily, it wasn’t until I typed them out that I really began appreciating the fact that I have manifested and created these things into my daily reality. I hope you guys can too.