Today there will be a historic vote regarding the Obama Healthcare Bill. This bill will have monumental effects as it will redefine the nature of our democracy and further increase the national debt. Of course, the healthcare bill will also affect each and every American.
For a few moments let us focus off of the bill and think about the representatives who may or may not be voting on a bill that still could be passed without a vote. I must ask the question.
DO YOU THINK THAT OUR REPRESENTATIVES ARE MENTALLY FIT ENOUGH TO CAST A VOTE ON THE OBAMA HEALTHCARE BILL?
Of course, whether they are mentally fit or not; our Representatives are taking up space in Washington and will at least "present" when the vote is taken or should be taken.
If our Representatives are mentally fit, they will
1. Be focused on representing the people; not focused on party allegiance, pursuing their individual agendas and giving in to the influence of the President or any other important person.
2. Act courageously to represent the people.
3. Claim their self-respect and success in representing the people rather than pursuing the approval of their party. Success is representing the people and completing their mission in representing the people. Success is not determine by the passage or failure to pass a health care bill.
4. Accept all of the frustrations necessary to represent the people and all of the frustrations necessary to fight the influences from those who wish to discount the will of the people, while courageously and persistently representing the people.
5. Avoid all self-defeating rationalizations and actions that will betray the trust of the people. Blind allegiance to a party and childlike dependency and cowardice cannot be rationalized in any way.
6. Make your decision on the basis of American values and moral values. Is your decision really best for America and the people. Will the people you represent be happy, peaceful, free and in control of their lives following your representation of them?
7. Make your decision on the basis of rational and logical thought. Be honest. Don't try to convince us that 30 million people will be additionally insured for no additional cost. Don't try to convince us that Medicare benefits will not be cut.
8. Relate to the people with honesty, respect, acceptance and trust. Violate any of these values and you are not welcome to represent us any longer.
9. Don't underestimate the people. We want to take care of ourselves, our families and our democracy. Do not attempt to destroy our ability to take care of ourselves! Do not destroy our ability to take care of our families! Do not destroy our country! Remember, taxation without representation led to the birth of America.
10. Check your position. Are you representing the people? You may have wavered. You may have succumbed to pressure. You may have betrayed the public. Now is the time to get it right. Choose to represent the people before you vote!
REMEMBER, WE WILL LIVE IN THE COUNTRY DETERMINED BY THE CHOICES OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES!
FOR THE REPRESENTATIVES, YOU WILL LIVE WITHIN THE COUNTRY DETERMINED BY OUR CHOICES AFTER YOU HAVE MADE YOUR VOTE!