Meatless Monday – Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup with Lentils & Coconut Milk
Posted Sep 23 2013 3:30am
Autumn is finally with us and what better way to start then making some lovely soup!
-2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
-3 cloves of minced garlic
-1 Onion, diced
-1/2 teaspoon paprika
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
-1 tablespoon Curry powder
-1 large potatoe
-1 cup orange Lentils
-4 cups of water
-4 medium sized Red peppers
-1 can coconut milk
-Salt & Pepper
-Croutons for Garnish
Method:- (Roasting the Peppers)
1. Cut the peppers into quarters. Remove the seeds.Roast the peppers until the skin blisters and turns black. Remove from oven and cover with a tea towel until cool. The skins should peel away off easily when cooled.
2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in minced garlic,onions, paprika, Curry, Cinnamon & Cumin & cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add carrots, potatoe, Lentils & Water cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the chopped roasted peppers & Coconut milk & bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmering on low for about 20 mins or untill veggies are tender.
5. Once ready pop everything in a blender & blend mixture till smooth.
6. Season with salt & pepper.
7. Garnish with Croutons.
Serve, eat and enjoy!
Meatless Monday’s are brought to you by Claire from Claire’s Veggie Wonders in collaboration with Carla from DrDietRight! YAJ US!