Mar 8, This Week's Healthy Grocery List and Monday Meal Prep!
Posted Mar 08 2010 7:01am
I was out of town all weekend, so I JUST got back from the grocery this morning, so I'll just give you the highlights:
1. I only spent $72 this week!! YAY!
2. Cascadian Farms Organics are on sale again at Kroger this week for $2.49. Plus, most of the boxes from the last time had save $1.00 off of 2. So, I got 2 boxes of cereal for $2.00 each and 2 boxes of fiber bars for $2.49 each. (They are normally around $5 for these!)
3. I found 3 containers of the Stonyfield Farms Organic yogurt on Manager's Special for $0.69 each(expiration dates are March 15)
Everything else was pretty standard this week.
Also, here is my Monday Meal Prep for this week!
1. Boil organic chicken and use the chicken AND the broth with a bag of frozen mixed veggies, cup of barley, and one can of diced tomatoes to make chicken veggie soup for later in the week.
2. Hard boil eggs for dear daughter's breakfasts this week.
3. Quick soak, cook and puree garbanzo beans for fresh hummus to go with our black bean nachos this week.
4. Steam carrots, cook whole grain pasta and chop for my sons finger foods for this week.