1. Folks who text and drive. That should be enough said, but it goes further. Those who text, email, Facebook or whatever at redlights causing me to sit through THREE lights. Unexcuseable. Watch the dang light, will you? I feel as if I don't pass a single car on the road where I don't see their eyes downcast looking at their phones. Rarely do I see eyes on the road, or looking at me as I wave to them!
2. Folks who post all those photos of themselves and their killer abs all over social media.
3. Crazy parents and coaches of little league teams who have completely forgotten, or never learned, the real lessons that are learned on the playing field. These are little kiddos out there. These are not NFL, NBA or MLB games.
4. Explaining stupid, immoral and illegal acts by politicans, mayors, athletes and celebrities to my children and how these folks can think their behavior is in any way appropriate.
5. Lots of waste. I live in Atlanta and the big talk around here this week is that the Atlanta Braves are moving from their current stadium in Fulton County to Cobb county at the whopping number of six hundred plus million dollars. That is an enormous amount of money. It will also require an enormous amount of land, natural resources and other expenses for this project. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the Braves, but I cannot get past how much our state could use this amount of money to solve so many of our current problems.
6. And dare I even mention the confusion and upheaval caused by Obamacare?
7. Lastly, and probably, most trying to steal my joy, the folks who insist that it's a good idea to now open stores for shopping ON THANKSGIVING DAY. This is the holiday about getting together with family and friends, celebrating togetherness and thankfulness over a meal. There is no commercialism here. Until now .mdsonly Whuy
There you have it. The things that have tried to ruffle my feathers this week. I'm holding firm, though. These folks are not going to steal my joy . . .
So, are you worried about acrylamaide? Will you hold off that order of fries? How do you feel about Fridays? Anything ruffle your feathers this week or did you just keep your joy?
I'm thankful for it being Friday, my boys are on the mend from various bugs AND for a warm bowl of soup on a cold, wet day! I couldn't limit it to one today!
Make it a Great day!